Author Topic: Rude to ignore FB game requests?  (Read 5466 times)

Onyx_TKD

Re: Rude to ignore FB game requests?
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2012, 11:02:08 PM »
IME, facebook games are generally set up so that the easiest course of action is to send an invitation to everyone on your friends list, and often people who do not play the game will be included in lists for requesting in-game help from friends. For the games I play, I often have to manually sort through the list to select only the people who I know already play that game. Or, if the game itself has a list of only game-players, there is usually an incentive to request from the general friends list instead (thus sending requests to people who don't play that game).

I think it's highly unlikely that your friend is intending to send you an individual, personal request to join the game, especially after six requests without a personal message. It's most likely that they're just clicking through whenever the game asks them to send requests to their friends list. It's certainly not rude to ignore the requests or block the game entirely.

squeakers

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2012, 08:23:14 AM »
http://www.facebook.com/reqs.php go there and click the X and choose "block game/app" (be careful to not hit "ignore all requests from person" unless you know for sure you will never want to ever play a game on FB*).

You only have to do it one time per app. (If 6 people have asked you to play/sent you crap for a game, you only have to X one of the reqs. out.  Trying to block all 6 of them ends up as an error message).

Reclick the above link and enjoy a free from requests area  ;D

*And if you do change your mind you just go into http://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=privacy and then "blocked apps/people" and remove the block.
"I feel sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." "It is so low, in fact, that Miss Manners feels sure you would not want to resort to it yourself, even in your own defense. We do not believe in retaliatory rudeness." Judith Martin

Giggity

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2012, 09:31:11 AM »
Is it rude to keep ignoring, or should I send a brief but friendly message explaining my non-interest in games?

Why would it be rude?
Words mean things.

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2012, 01:21:31 PM »
Ignore them or block them. I avoid sending them when I play games. Unfortuantly last weekend I knocked the Ipad off the chair. When I grabbed it, I hit the button that spammed everyone with an invite from the game I had been playing. Walked into the teacher's lounge Monday and was yelled at buy a co-worker. co-worker was blocked as soon as I got home.

You get prizes if someone joins the game, so the game encourages you to send them.

I don't intend choose that option; but I do send requests to people to who are already playing the game, just in case they send prizes/points back.

But I've occasionally clicked on the wrong button. Because most of the games are set up to default to the "all friends" thing, and because sometimes it's confusing. (People who are relatively new to the game sometimes don't realize how it works, so they're often the worst offenders.)

Just block the game. Then it won't be a problem anymore.

It's absolutely not rude. At that point, the "Facebook friend" is sending you "mass marketing" mail, and you can simply delete it. It's not a personal appeal at all.

Fleur

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2012, 02:57:02 PM »

I ended up just blocking the game, it saves hassle. Thank you for your input, everyone!

CarolinaEmerald

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2012, 11:37:28 AM »
Not rude to ignore. 
Hand over the chocolate and no one gets hurt.

LilacRosey

Re: Rude to ignore FB game requests?, LilacRosey
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2012, 08:34:02 PM »
I like a lot of games and I try to keep my game stuff to people who play them but some games make it hard. I figure its okay if they block the game though! Hopefully not me!