Author Topic: My teenage son - brownie points!  (Read 955 times)

joraemi

• Crystal of Enchantment - my current project
My teenage son - brownie points!
« on: October 15, 2012, 08:58:32 PM »
You know - I just had to share - i love my kid.  He's going to be an awesome SO to someone someday.

Over the weekend DS and I were at the mall and I needed to get some eye shadow from the department store counter.  I couldn't remember the name of it, but remembered that DS(14) had gotten the same shade for DD(17) for Xmas last year.  I said, "Son - what was the shade of eyeshadow you got your sister for Xmas last year?". He didn't even hesitate - "Lotus."  Indeed - it was Lotus Flower.  He got serious brownie points for that.

THEN today when we got home, DD (15) showed me pictures on her phone of DS's hair - he had let her "do" his hair with her new curling wand.  DS has buzzed hair along the sides with it a bit longer on top.  No stylist i know would even think of trying to take a wand to it, but DD was dying to play with her new toy, so DS let her curl and play and carry on with his hair.  And take pictures for evidence.

I told DD she had better make sure she gives DS some "bonus brother points" for that!

What a good kid.   (Ahem...if I do say so myself...sorry. ;))  Gives me hope that maybe common sense will come along to go with his good naturedness and thoughtfulness.

Courage is the price life  exacts for granting peace.  ~Amelia Earhart~

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
Re: My teenage son - brownie points!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 09:26:54 PM »
You're allowed to be proud.   ;D

(I would be too.)

LilacRosey

Your kids sound so great.  But brownies!

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
Re: My teenage son - brownie points!
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 05:54:34 PM »
the heck with brownie points--where are his brownies?

LilacRosey

Re: My teenage son - brownie points!, lilacrosey
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 11:22:52 PM »
Exactly toots!  :D Brownies for everyone!