The Good Things in Life > Random acts of kindness and grace

A kindness, and a dilemma

(1/2) > >>

RebeccainGA:
I frequently buy myself breakfast on the way to work - a quick biscuit at one of the five or six places I pass in the morning is quick, inexpensive, and a nice treat to start my morning (I am SO not a morning person). I went through Hardee's this morning, and when I got to the window, I was told that the lady in front of me had paid for my meal. This was, of course, a very kind gesture, and normally I would offer to pay for the person behind me - but I was the last one in the line, and it being still quite early, there was no telling when someone else would come through.

I was left with a dilemma, and although I simply thanked the person at the window and moved on, I wasn't quite sure what I should have done. Did I do the right thing?

Black Delphinium:
Next time you have the chance, pay it forward. Just because you couldn't right then, doesn't mean you couldn't on some other day.

SiotehCat:
Ive heard of this before, but I have always wondered...how do you pay for someone behind you when you don't know their total?

RebeccainGA:

--- Quote from: Black Delphinium on October 16, 2012, 08:58:48 AM ---Next time you have the chance, pay it forward. Just because you couldn't right then, doesn't mean you couldn't on some other day.

--- End quote ---

That was sort of what I figured - probably tomorrow, if there is someone behind me (some days there is, some days there's not - I leave for work pretty early!).

Harriet Jones:

--- Quote from: SiotehCat on October 16, 2012, 09:01:48 AM ---Ive heard of this before, but I have always wondered...how do you pay for someone behind you when you don't know their total?

--- End quote ---

The total's probably already in the computer ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version