Author Topic: New Theme Installed- Check it out and tell me how it looks for you  (Read 8151 times)

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
I have added the new theme called "Tepid" to the forum. It is warm and more inviting than the original theme, imo.    It is currently listed as an option you can choose via your profile>look and layout BUT next week, barring any problems, it goes live as the default theme for the forum.   You will still have the choice to revert back to the original cold, sterile, blue (can you tell I don't like it?) theme via your profile. 

So, tell me how the top banner area looks.   Is the ad banner being squished or cut off?  Or is the entire header looking funky? 
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 10:19:33 AM by Ehelldame »

Perfect Circle

• Buy the sky and sell the sky and bleed the sky...
Re: New Theme Installed- Check it out and tell me how it looks for you
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 10:24:19 AM »
The top banner is fine, the ad banner is squished to the right hand side, but I can't read either version of Tepid at all due to my colour blindness, so I will not be able to use it.
Maybe he's caught in the legend
maybe he's caught in the mood
Maybe these maps and legends
Have been misunderstood

The map that you painted didn't seem real
He just sings whatever he's seen
Point to the legend, point to the east
Point to the yellow, red, and green

Scuba_Dog

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 10:26:44 AM »
I really like it.

(The Banner isn't centered, it's on the right with a big ad in the same area on the right.)

"If you are going through hell, keep going."
Winston Churchill

Ehelldame

• Administrator
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 11:08:43 AM »
I really like it.

(The Banner isn't centered, it's on the right with a big ad in the same area on the right.)

What are you defining as "The Banner"?   The Ehell Forum logo with fall leaves should be on the top left of the header.  Within a tan rectangle on the right side is the "welcome, you have unread posts, replies, etc" and beneath that, still within the tan rectangle, is an advertisement.

Scuba_Dog

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 11:11:14 AM »
I really like it.

What are you defining as "The Banner"?   The Ehell Forum logo with fall leaves should be on the top left of the header.  Within a tan rectangle on the right side is the "welcome, you have unread posts, replies, etc" and beneath that, still within the tan rectangle, is an advertisement.

That's what it looks like.  : )
"If you are going through hell, keep going."
Winston Churchill

rashea

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 11:12:58 AM »
Is it possible to move the "unread posts" back to under the Logo with the leaves? I know I'll get used to the move, but it feels weird right now.

I'm not a huge fan of the orange, but that's just me. On the other hand, I'll be able to tell it apart from another forum I'm on now.
"Manners change, principles don't. It's about treating people with consideration, respect and honesty." Peter Post

Vermont

Ehelldame

• Administrator
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 11:20:05 AM »
Is it possible to move the "unread posts" back to under the Logo with the leaves? I know I'll get used to the move, but it feels weird right now.

Sorry, I cannot change that.  It's part of the theme design.

I'm not a huge fan of the orange, but that's just me. On the other hand, I'll be able to tell it apart from another forum I'm on now.

There are two color variations of the theme, bright and grey.  I disabled the choice to choose "bright" so you should see a grey background with shades of light tan, a caramel color, an antique white, a dijon mustard yellow...no orange that I can see.

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 11:23:07 AM »
I really like the colors! The positioning of everything is a little weird, but I'll get used to it in time.  :)
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2012, 11:25:21 AM »

Sorry, I cannot change that.  It's part of the theme design.

There are two color variations of the theme, bright and grey.  I disabled the choice to choose "bright" so you should see a grey background with shades of light tan, a caramel color, an antique white, a dijon mustard yellow...no orange that I can see.

That explains it!  ;D I'd been testing them both and was trying out the Bright, and wondered why it suddenly turned grey when I went to a new thread!

AngelicGamer

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2012, 12:49:22 PM »
I like it.  It's less bright than the blue one (default theme) and feels warmer.  :)

Thanks Dame!

"Life's tough, huh?  And then you die." ~ Buck, the Magnificent Seven.

Jones

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2012, 01:00:36 PM »
It will take some getting used to, but it seems to work all right. Just a different format; took me a few to find the "Unread posts" option :) It does look nice though.

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2012, 01:13:12 PM »
Everything is working correctly for me. I'm one of those "This is new. I don't like it." people so I'm going to use it for a few days before I decide to keep it or go back to the blue.  :)

Moray

• My hovercraft is full of eels!
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2012, 01:20:48 PM »
It's working fine for me, but it's really hard on my eyes. I love the colors themselves, I love how "warm" it looks, but it all conspires to give me a headache. :(
Utah

thedudeabides

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2012, 01:39:26 PM »
Can't read any of the subforum headings due to a lack of contrast between the font color and the background color.

prairie_dances

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2012, 02:34:39 PM »
I like it! Love the Autumn theme and colors.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live." - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

New York