Author Topic: New Theme Installed- Check it out and tell me how it looks for you  (Read 7918 times)

jmarvellous

Re: New Theme Installed- Check it out and tell me how it looks for you
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2012, 08:15:53 PM »
Looking at the screenshot, I loathe red text.

furrcats

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2012, 09:44:36 PM »
Can we chose the lighter one?

Zilla

• Super Hero!
    • Cooking
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2012, 10:15:29 PM »
Just chiming in again that on the netbook, the banner is now center and there isn't a big gaping spot like on the desktop.  It looks more aligned on the smaller screen.

Forgot to add that the menu along the top, Home, Ehell Blog etc.  The color of the font blends with the background so it's hard to see it at all.  I actually missed it on the desktop and noticed it on the netbook some lettering and realized it was the menu.  The color should be a little darker against the background.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 10:20:49 PM by Zilla »

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2012, 10:35:59 PM »
The text in the upper & lower dark orange bar (where it says things like "post reply" or "Topic Summary" is very very hard for me to read. I'll probably stick with the blue default, as the navigation text is easier to read, and I'm just not into orange-y colors anyway.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

sourwolf

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2012, 11:00:37 PM »
I actually liked the other orange one (from a couple of weeks ago) a lot better, but as long as changing to the blue one is an option I'm fine with it. 

wendelenn

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2012, 01:07:31 AM »
Quite honestly, I don't like it, I prefer the blue, more soothing. This is too bright but with not enough contrast.
"I don't mean to be rude", he began, in a tone that threatened rudeness in every syllable.

"--yet sadly, accidental rudeness occurs alarmingly often," Dumbledore finished the sentence gravely.  "Best to say nothing at all."

MariaE

• So many books, so little time
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2012, 02:57:40 AM »
Quite honestly, I don't like it, I prefer the blue, more soothing. This is too bright but with not enough contrast.

I agree. I've been clicking around for a bit, and everything seems to work as it should, but I'm not a big fan of the colour scheme. I prefer the blue.

The same went for the old forum though - there was an orange/brown theme there as well, and I immediately changed that to either the green or the blue - I just prefer those soothing colours.

Dane by birth, Kiwi by choice

Amalthea

« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2012, 03:37:13 AM »
Is the bright vs. gray an either/or thing, or would it be possible to have both options?  I actually prefer the bright one.

Snooks

« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2012, 06:00:40 AM »
Can't read any of the subforum headings due to a lack of contrast between the font color and the background color.

This.  Other than that, it looks fine.

I found the same thing.  Also the top heading (Home, Ehell Blog...) as grey on grey is quite difficult to read.

I'm not keen on the icons on the left hand side, I find them quite jarring and intrusive but equally they're not going to cause me to break down weeping every time I come to the site.

Alignment of everything seems fine (I'm on Windows 7 using FF 16.0.1), there's quite a lot of dead space under "Hello Snooks Unread Posts Unread Replies", do admin maybe have other tools that sit in that box which is causing the extra space?

Syfygeek

« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2012, 08:08:15 AM »
The text in the upper & lower dark orange bar (where it says things like "post reply" or "Topic Summary" is very very hard for me to read. I'll probably stick with the blue default, as the navigation text is easier to read, and I'm just not into orange-y colors anyway.

Same for me. I found myself squinting to see the words.
That's my purse! I don't know you!

Momiitz

« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2012, 08:09:20 AM »
I have used the new theme on both my desktop (macbook with snow leopard) and my iPhone.  The layout looks fine.  Nothing is out of place or squished or cut off.  I'm not too attached to either theme.  I like them both.  I will most likely use the new theme because I do like the change in color.

Will the colors change with the season? I noticed this theme has the fall leaves.  That would be nice.

lowspark

« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2012, 08:31:51 AM »
I do a lot of ehelling at work where people can see my monitor and the blue colors look a lot like everything else on my computer so the screen doesn't stand out. I think the orange is pretty but the blue works better for my purposes.

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2012, 06:00:43 PM »
Well, I had to disable the theme for the time being because we discovered a significant problem for a few people.

The old theme that was a tan colored but allowed people to choose different colors had to be scrapped when its creator did not keep the theme updated to more current versions of the forum software.   We discovered this when the forum software was updated and the then outdated theme crashed the forum big time.    But I recently noticed that he has advertised for someone else to take over the theme and update it and it appears someone has taken him up on his offer.  So maybe we can get our old theme back.

If I stick with this latest theme,I'll make sure to get some colors changed so that the contrast is enough to see the words clearer. 

AngelicGamer

« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2012, 06:43:41 PM »
Dame, thank you for keeping us updated with what is happening.  I do hope that we can get our old theme back - I will confess I love it the mostest - but the newest and the blue have been great compromises.  Thank you for all that you do as it must be a lot between two forums and a blog.

"Life's tough, huh?  And then you die." ~ Buck, the Magnificent Seven.

sparksals

• Super Hero!
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2012, 07:33:00 PM »
Now I know I wasn't going crazy!  I couldn't find the themes!