Author Topic: Hotel Staff Handled This Perfectly  (Read 3064 times)

BeagleMommy

Hotel Staff Handled This Perfectly
« on: October 16, 2012, 04:11:36 PM »
DH, DS and I just returned from Vegas.  As we were checking out of the resort we heard a rather upset woman complaining to the hotel staff about some type of amenity that wasn't provided in her room.

The woman behind the desk stated that they didn't offer that amenity at this hotel.  The Upset Woman kept insisting that "Tony" promised her the amenity would be in her room and that the hotel needed to call "Tony".

Finally, the staff manager said "Ma'm, we don't know who Tony is or why he promised you this amenity.  We have never offered that amenity here and do not currently offer it.  If you'd like to change your reservation to a hotel that offers this amenity I will be happy find out if there is one in the area, but I cannot give you something we do not provide to any guest.  What would you like to do?"

I believe Tony was her travel agent.

Cat-Fu

• My cat is a ninja
Re: Hotel Staff Handled This Perfectly
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 04:35:20 PM »
Cynical me wonders if she paid "Tony" in advance for this extra amenity, and whether she'll ever see that money again. :-\
“Poetry is a sword of lightning, ever unsheathed, which consumes the scabbard that would contain it.” PBS

MrsCrazyPete

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 05:36:30 PM »
Hotel staff have got to be some of the most patient people in the world! Good for her  :D
Sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here.

Pippen

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 09:21:20 PM »
Give that manager a pay raise!

stargazer

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 11:18:28 PM »
This seems to be a pretty typical exchange to be honest. 

Shopaholic

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 01:42:23 AM »
I'm surprised she accepted that answer... where I live peoople would expect to be made the exception to the rule, start yelling, insisting on a manager and eventualy write a scathing review.

CinnamonGirl

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 07:46:20 AM »
I've worked in hotels and see that kind of thing all the time.

BeagleMommy

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 09:17:19 AM »
I'm surprised she accepted that answer... where I live peoople would expect to be made the exception to the rule, start yelling, insisting on a manager and eventualy write a scathing review.

I actually don't know if she accepted this answer.  We had checked out and were headed for our transportation and she was still at the counter as we were leaving.

Barney girl

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 05:44:38 PM »
It appears it was only part way through the conversation that she was told the receptionist did not know who Tony was. If she genuinely thought that he had authority to speak for the hotel when she was told certain amenities were there I'm not surprised she was annoyed.