Author Topic: Tickets to the fair.  (Read 2767 times)

MOM21SON

Tickets to the fair.
« on: March 11, 2014, 06:16:00 PM »
The fair is coming!  It runs for 10 days. 

I purchased advance tickets at a discount.  I had discussed going with a friend and taking our ds's. She was in agreement.  So, I bought 2 20 dollar tickets for the boys and 2 5 dollar tickets for us.  So, I paid 50.00 and she "owes" me 25.

The problem is, we are not available on the same days.

Do, I sell her the 2 tickets or is there a way I can tell her that since we can't go together as planned, I have made other arrangements.  Neither idea gives me a good feeling.  I don't want to cause hard feelings and I'm not mad or upset at all.  The timing is just not good for anyone.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
Re: Tickets to the fair.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 06:22:03 PM »
I would ask her if she would like to purchase her two tickets so she can go when she can, but let her know that you are happy to keep them and find someone else who could go with you and your DS, if she isn't interested in going on her own.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

m2kbug

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 06:49:34 PM »
Is she expecting these tickets?  I would ask her if she still wants them.  If she doesn't want them anymore, then you can sell them or give them away, but I would ask her first.

katycoo

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 07:37:36 PM »
Are tickets still available? Will you go with your son alone, or find another friend to go with?

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 11:40:02 PM »
I would ask her if she would like to purchase her two tickets so she can go when she can, but let her know that you are happy to keep them and find someone else who could go with you and your DS, if she isn't interested in going on her own.

This seems a no-brainer to me.

Unless--are the tickets tied to some certain day or time?

ChinaShepherdess

• “Never bet your money on another man's game.”
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 11:55:54 PM »
There are many variables that might influence whether she would prefer to buy them back from you, or for you to find a new home for the tickets; I can't imagine that any hard feelings would result from you simply explaining the situation to her and letting her decide herself.

sweetonsno

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 02:48:25 AM »
The initial plan was for her to reimburse you, right? Then it's not rude for you to ask that she stick to the initial plan, even though you can't go on the same day. If she really doesn't want to go on her own, then I think you can find someone else.

MOM21SON

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 01:39:58 PM »
Good update.

I asked her if she still wanted the tickets so she could go when they were able.  She said, she would buy the tickets if I couldn't find someone else.  I told her not to worry about it.

So, DS is headed to the fair tonight.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 01:42:51 PM by MOM21SON »