Author Topic: Clean up After Your Butterfly!  (Read 20092 times)

BarensMom

Re: Clean up After Your Butterfly!
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2012, 12:33:19 PM »
Ok, I know this thread is older but I was reading an article on MSN this morning about weird crimes with a price and was reminded of this thread.

In Pacific Grove, CA molesting butterflies carries a $500 fine.  So, the next time she threatens the butterflies, counter that you will call the cops and turn her in for butterfly molestation.  ;)

I've been to Pacific Grove in October.  It's a wonderful sight, but it can be tricky to drive around town without splatting a few.

Minmom3

« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2012, 01:50:09 PM »
Ok, I know this thread is older but I was reading an article on MSN this morning about weird crimes with a price and was reminded of this thread.

In Pacific Grove, CA molesting butterflies carries a $500 fine.  So, the next time she threatens the butterflies, counter that you will call the cops and turn her in for butterfly molestation.  ;)

That's because it has groves where the Monarch butterfly comes and does its thing.  In mass quantities.   Girls Scouts go and see them in the groves (there may even be a patch for it!).  School groups go and see them.  It's a tourist dollar thing... 

So, yeah, they ARE protected.  Hitting a few with your car is just inevitable, but they want to stop idiots with tennis rackets from going after them, or other types of 'butterfly vandalism'.   8)

ETA - removed an apostrophe...
Mother to children and fuzz butts....

Marisol

• with a parasol.
« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2012, 02:02:13 PM »
So...somebody does suspect the butterfly?

Brilliant!!! 

bopper

• Super Hero!
« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2013, 06:08:33 PM »
I know I am resurrecting an old post, but just saw this:

http://notalwayslearning.com/moth-eaten-meanings/33226

Moth-Eaten Meanings
HIGH SCHOOL | GERMANY | LANGUAGE & WORDS, STUDENTS
(We’re discussing a poem and the symbolism in it.)

Student: “Everything means something? Even the butterflies?”

Teacher: “Especially the butterflies.”

Student: “But butterflies don’t do anything. They just fly around… and poop!”

*inviteseller

• I am Queen Mommy
« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2013, 09:30:53 PM »
Oh thank you for the best thread evahhhhhhhhhhh !!!!  I think Arlen needs some invisible fencing to keep her butterflies in her own yard, but it is gonna be tough to get those little collars on them.  Seriously, I have had some doozy neighbors, but this is the best nut case neighbor.  I also have a butterfly garden every summer (and boy oh boy did they come this year) but none of my neighbors complained of the copious amounts of butterfly poop.

BarensMom

« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2013, 06:18:54 AM »
That reminds me...I'll have to ask my sister if she's seen Arlene lately.

viviennebzb

« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2013, 11:17:52 AM »
I just wanted to say that I have lurked on EH for years, and THIS thread is what made me finally join. Just when I think I've heard of everything...:)

zyrs

• spiffily male.
« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2013, 03:46:52 AM »
I know I am resurrecting an old post, but just saw this:

http://notalwayslearning.com/moth-eaten-meanings/33226

I read the same one and thought of this thread - thank you for finding it.

Barensaunt

Latest news on Clean up After Your Butterfly!
« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2014, 09:11:01 PM »
The complaining neighbor no longer speaks to Arlene so there has been no further drama between them.  Arlene also commented that her butterfly garden was hit hard by freezing weather, so there are no butterflies for neighbor to complain about........ YET!  Arlene fully intends to plant a larger butterfly garden as soon as time and weather allow.   Hooray for Arlene!

LifeOnPluto

• Super Hero!
    • Blog
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2014, 02:10:11 AM »
How ever did I miss this thread the first time around?  ;D

lakey

« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2014, 09:36:20 PM »
Wow, it's a good thing this neighbor doesn't live in Michigan. When things from nature end up on your property, they're pretty much your problem.

Here in Michigan we get issues with leaves in the fall. Your neighbor has a couple of huge oak trees. The leaves fall off, many into your yard. Then there is a windy day and all of his leaves blow into your yard. And you, with no oak trees in your yard, are stuck with raking the leaves. Heck, you don't even know if they are from his trees; they could have come from across the street. This is just the way life is.

Life isn't fair. People like the neighbor who make a big issue out of every little annoyance are never going to be happy. What's the silly woman going to do if she ends up with a dead animal in her yard.

ShadowLady

• My mind is like a steel trap-illegal in 13 states.
« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2014, 12:18:42 AM »
Thank you  to all of you who revived this thread.  I've been a member since before this thread was started, but did not see it at the time. 

So thank you all for the laughs.  It has been entertaining, for me and for my DH.