Author Topic: Clean up After Your Butterfly!  (Read 19114 times)

BarensMom

Clean up After Your Butterfly!
« on: October 18, 2012, 10:10:50 AM »
My sister's friend told her this story:

Arlene and her DH have a "butterfly garden" planted in their yard, on which they spend a lot of time and effort.  Their neighbor, Eva, has a problem with the garden for some reason.  The other day, Eva, comes to their door and has the following conversation with Arlene:

Eva:  "You need to come clean up after your butterfly.  One of them has pooped on my window."
Arlene:  "How do you know it was a butterfly or that it's mine?"
Eva:  "I saw it poop!  You have a butterfly garden, so it must be yours!  Get over here and clean that nasty stuff off my window, NOW!"
Arlene:  "Nope, I won't be doing that."

I guess the question is:  Is Arlene responsible for cleaning butterfly poop off a neighbor's window?

fountainsoflettuce

Re: Clean up After Your Butterfly!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 10:18:04 AM »
No.

Next time, demand proof it truly is butterfly poop and proof that Arlene actually owns the butterfly.   (off to Google butterfly poop pictures)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 10:18:57 AM »
*giggle*

No, absolutely not.  I have a bird feeder in my yard.  If my neighbour came over and told me that one of my birds pooped on her window and I had to come clean it up, I'd have had the same reaction as Arlene.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Jones

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 10:22:33 AM »
Say....ah, what? I did not realize that butterfly waste would be large enough to be visible  :o Much less, a whole mess that needs cleaning.

Butterflies, birds, deer, raccoons....all wild creatures, which are going to eat where they can find food and poo where they choose, and noone is truly responsible for where that lands. If neighbor wants to keep away the butterflies she can have zero color in her own yard, and that should keep the majority away from her windows.

BarensMom

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 10:35:38 AM »
Arlene and DH were curious, so did some research and found that butterfly poop consists small yellow dots of liquid.  So if you're in the Orlando area and see a small yellow blob on your window, it must be Arlene's fault. ::)

turtleIScream

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 10:50:40 AM »
If I had ever thought about butterfly poop, I would have imagined it to be nearly invisible, and just part of the "dirt" encountered in the natural world.

O/T - I know it's not the way the internet works, but threads like this make me picture a Google employee snickering at the jump in Google searches for "butterfly poop".

SuperMartianRobotGirl

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 10:55:05 AM »
She needs to keep her pet butterflies in her yard. Maybe even on a leash.

:D

OK, I'm just kidding. But this thread is hilarious.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 10:58:01 AM »
I think I'd be speechless if someone told me that about my butterflies.  And it really takes a lot to render me speechless! Eva sounds like a nitpicker, and needs to MHOB.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2012, 10:58:39 AM »
This absurd request belongs in The SS thread.  :D

It's one thing if a neighbor's dog uses your lawn as a rest room.  It's quite another if a butterfly does it. No one owns butterflies.

It would be interesting to learn if Arlene's neighbor complains to the authorities about an 'animal nuisance'.     

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2012, 11:11:51 AM »
"Nope, all my butterflies passed obedience school.  Must have been a stray."

PurpleFrog

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2012, 11:16:02 AM »
Glad I'm not the only one who googled butterfly poop.

Not arliene's responsibility, neighbour is nuttier than squirrel poop, which is a whole 'nother story!
[img width=400 height=88]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10773;484/st/20120825/e/Our+Wedding/dt/-1/k/450f/eve

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2012, 11:19:49 AM »
I could see, going with my bird analogy, that if I was keeping a coop of racing pigeons and in their flights in and out, they were roosting on my neighbour's property and defecating that an argument could be made that I was responsible for cleaning it up.

But wild creatures?  Absolutely not.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Gogi

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2012, 11:21:24 AM »
Wonder how she'll react when your butterflies go into heat? ;)

Jones

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2012, 11:26:50 AM »
Wonder how she'll react when your butterflies go into heat? ;)
Can you imagine? "They are cavorting all over the lawn! What will the children think?"

magicdomino

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2012, 11:30:22 AM »
Do they even make plastic bags small enough to pick up butterfly poop?   ???

I know it's rude, but I would have burst out laughing.