Author Topic: Clean up After Your Butterfly!  (Read 19588 times)

Bijou

• Super Hero!
Re: Clean up After Your Butterfly!
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2012, 02:08:37 PM »
At least your sister doesn't have a seagull garden.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Midge

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2012, 02:15:46 PM »
She should carefully catch each and every one, and put itty bitty, teeny tiny little diapers on them until they're potty trained.

LeeLieLow

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2012, 02:38:15 PM »
       Young neighbor boy was walking through my backyard after playing with my even younger children.  He tells me that "your bees stung me." 
       No, no, no, they are not MY bees (and they didn't sting him, they are mining bees...and they are NOT mine).  Heck, young neighbor boy was only about 9 at the time.  How old is OP's neighbor?

BarensMom

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2012, 02:45:54 PM »
My sister's friend told her that it is an older lady in her 70's.  Since her husband died, the other neighbors have noticed Eva has slowly been "losing it." 

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2012, 02:49:44 PM »
I just recently published a new title "Butterfly Training for Dummies"

Please send $19.95 plus s&h and I will mail you a copy, wait I'll double that for just the additional s&h of the second book and then you can give one to your neighbor...

oh my  >:D

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2012, 02:53:58 PM »
Well, technically, there have been nuisance complaints about people keeping bird feeders that attract huge numbers of pigeons and other birds, leading to a bit of, shall we say, environmental downturn in the immedate neighbourhood. It would be reasonable to complain about someone attracting 1,000 starlings that roosted in your yard after feasting at the neighbours.

But butterflies? The mind boggles.

EvilTwik imagines putting a dead one on her walk, then running after her screaming, "You KILLED my butterfly! I'll have the law on you!"
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

MummySweet

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2012, 04:31:00 PM »

EvilTwik imagines putting a dead one on her walk, then running after her screaming, "You KILLED my butterfly! I'll have the law on you!"

Now I am picturing and incredible swarm of monarchs flying in to Ride of the Valkyries.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2012, 04:34:58 PM »
EvilTwik is making "Butterfly Attack Formation Training" signs as we speak.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

KaosP

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2012, 04:44:19 PM »
Thank you all - this thread proved to be just as hilarious as the subject promised!

ncmom22

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2012, 05:06:28 PM »
I know there is a wide variety of topics in this forum but I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this title.  I thought maybe it was about a dog named Butterfly!  Too funny!  You should submit this somewhere.

wheeitsme

« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2012, 05:24:07 PM »
Well, technically, there have been nuisance complaints about people keeping bird feeders that attract huge numbers of pigeons and other birds, leading to a bit of, shall we say, environmental downturn in the immedate neighbourhood. It would be reasonable to complain about someone attracting 1,000 starlings that roosted in your yard after feasting at the neighbours.

But butterflies? The mind boggles.

And this is what I was thinking. 

Catananche

« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2012, 05:35:42 PM »
If Neighbour-lady can point out exactly which butterfly it was, Arlene can give that one some extra training. Poor thing, having trouble with potty training...

Starchasm

• And the mome raths outgrabe.
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2012, 10:52:56 PM »
I used to work at an inside butterfly garden (attached to the U.S.' largest insectarium!) and this is CRACKING ME UP!  I would go home with a lot of butterfly poop on me, but we had between 800 and 1600 butterflies in a fairly small place.  They poop a lot, but it's very very small.  And reddish brown.

But my goodness, it's an insect!  Garden or not, everything does it!

CinnamonGirl

« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2012, 11:07:14 PM »
Just when I think I've heard it all...  ;D

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2012, 12:00:06 AM »
I cannot stop giggling!

"Was it the one with wings again?" *big sigh and eye roll* "She's just hit her rebellious teenager years and won't listen to a thing I say!"
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.