Author Topic: Who do you look like?  (Read 971 times)

Esther_bunny

• Life is too short for cheap chocolate!
Who do you look like?
« on: October 18, 2012, 10:32:25 PM »
All my life, up to now, I've never been told I look like anyone famous.
The other day I was checking in to a hotel and was asked for my id. The front desk person told me I looked like Rosanna Arquette. (He was looking at my DL photo of me with long blonde hair, now my hair is a blonde pixie-ish with a teal streak).

Personally I don't see the resemblance other than the hair but hey, I'll take a compliment when I can get one!

So what famous person have you been told you look like?

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
Re: Who do you look like?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 11:11:09 PM »
My friend tells me that I remind her of Christina Hendricks, but mostly because I'm busty & redheaded.

Frog24

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 05:00:40 PM »
This picture of Jane Austen... particularly the eyes.  http://www.topicsites.com/jane-austen/index.htm

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 05:17:29 PM »
Cher, Marilyn Monroe, Diane Keaton, Paula Prentiss, and a model in the old Montgomery Ward catalog from he 1960's.  Oh, Karen Carpenter.     
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Shopaholic

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 05:18:31 PM »
I've been told I look like Julia Roberts ( 8)) and Andie MacDowell, mostly I guess because I have dark, curly hair.
Also like "one of Charlie Chaplin's on-screen loves" (I think the person was thinking specifically of Paulette Goddard) when I was 12, but that became kinda creepy when I learned CC had a penchance for 13-year-olds.

Weirdest ever comparison was to Cameron Diaz. Sure, I'll take it - but huh??

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 05:19:09 PM »
Up until my mid 20s I often heard how much I looked like Danica McKellar (Winnie on The Wonder Years). Recently a friend told me I look just like Jenny Lawson (The Bloggess) and if we're talking her hair and glasses I agree.

Julia Mercer

• Country Gals Fan Page
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 08:25:15 PM »
I don't look like my mommy or my daddy, I look like the mailman!

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 09:01:45 PM »
I don't look like my mommy or my daddy, I look like the mailman!
I showed someone a very old picture of my father packing a buck out of the woods and they told me I look like my dad.  My dad looked like a cross between Charlton Heston and Randolph Scott.   :-*
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 09:03:35 PM by Bijou »
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

JonGirl

• I'm a JonGirl forever.
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBAa6CvY-TQ
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2012, 12:31:23 AM »
Up until my mid 20s I often heard how much I looked like Danica McKellar (Winnie on The Wonder Years). Recently a friend told me I look just like Jenny Lawson (The Bloggess) and if we're talking her hair and glasses I agree.

I got that when I was in high school.
Stewart/Colbert '16

JustEstelle

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2012, 01:47:33 AM »
I most look like my mother.  But I've been told I also resemble Roseanne Barr.

Bethczar

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2012, 11:34:55 AM »
When I was thinner I  was told by several people that I reminded them of Nicole Kidman, but I think that that's just because I'm tall & strawberry blond.

More realistically, I look like my dad.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2012, 07:54:59 PM »
I don't think my younger sister and I look that much alike, but there are pictures of my mom in her younger day and in one she looks exactly like my younger sister and in another she looks exactly like me.  Weird.

Kendo_Bunny

• I'm inquisitive!
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2012, 08:03:43 PM »
No one in particular, but one of my friends is a dead ringer for Clara Bow.

Julia Mercer

• Country Gals Fan Page
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2012, 08:31:17 PM »
Seriously though, I look just like my mother, except I have my late dad's weird ears.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2012, 08:44:31 PM »
We have a picture of my mother's softball team when she was a teenager.  A few years back, we took it down off the wall and I was asking my youngest nephew which one was Grandma.  My older nephew came up and could see the picture but hadn't heard the question.  He leaned over his brother's shoulder, pointed to my mother and said, 'There's Outdoor Girl'.

When I was little, I found this old picture of my Dad at age 3 or 4.  I wasn't much older than that.  I didn't remember the picture being taken but thought it was me.

So at different stages of my life, I've looked like both my parents.  I definitely have my Dad's hair - curly and turning white - but thanks to my Mom's influence, it's taking longer to turn white than did my Dad's.  When she died at 73, she still only had a little grey at the temples.  But my face structure and body type is definitely my Mom's.  I wish I was as tall as she was.  She was 5'8" and I'm only 5'5".
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario