Author Topic: Come to my floor-sanding party!  (Read 8775 times)

peaches

Re: Come to my floor-sanding party!
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2012, 09:09:08 AM »
Yikes! Some people seriously misunderstand the meaning of "party".

I like to help friends and family. I'm more apt to pitch in if the activity is labeled accurately (as work, if it is), if it's simple and within my expertise, and if the relationship has some reciprocity.

But a floor-sanding party?? No way.

blarg314

• Super Hero!
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2012, 01:39:56 AM »

I like to help friends and family. I'm more apt to pitch in if the activity is labeled accurately (as work, if it is), if it's simple and within my expertise, and if the relationship has some reciprocity.

I had this sudden mental image of a party involving a floor sander, loud music, and beer.

The image wasn't pretty.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2012, 09:22:32 AM »

I had this sudden mental image of a party involving a floor sander, loud music, and beer.

The image wasn't pretty.

I thought that the image was funny - but the floor would have looked like a disaster when they got through dancing with the sander........
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Minmom3

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2012, 10:32:04 AM »
Middle daughter owes us some money.  We need our gutters cleaned out before winter rains arrive.  DH told her he'd forgive half the debt if she'd do the gutters this weekend.  She's NOT thrilled about doing it, (she got cash in hand last fall for the same job), but understands that a debt is a debt, and this is one way of working some of it off. 

And nobody is trying to disguise the reality of the job.  There is no party here....   :o  It's pure slog...
Mother to children and fuzz butts....