Author Topic: Flower girl resumes update pg. 5  (Read 14408 times)

johelenc1

Re: Flower girl resumes
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2012, 12:31:37 AM »
It makes perfect sense for little girls to ask their teacher if they can be in or come to their wedding.  It's exciting for them and they don't really know better.  They really just want to wear a pretty dress.

Now, the idea of mothers asking for their kids and sending resumes!!!!!...It's just incredible.  I can't even imagine.

I'm not sure if I find it funny, or if it makes me angry.  I think both.   The smart thing to do is to go to the principal.  What I would want to do is write a note to each of them telling them that a flower girl is not a position one applies for, but a position of honor given to a cherished loved one, family or friend.  To "apply" for the "job" is both inappropriate and insulting."

But, that would probably get me in trouble.  So, maybe I would write the notes, take them to the principal, and ask if I can send them.  And, if I can't, what is he/she going to do instead?

I definitely think something should be said to the parents.  Their requests are just insane.

nuit93

« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2012, 12:32:04 AM »
I thought that was a Ramona Quimby book, but its been forever since I read them.

I thought it was Ramona also, but wasn't the teacher marrying Ramona's uncle?

mmswm

« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2012, 01:52:46 AM »
Wow.  I thought I'd heard everything.  I was wrong. 

On a slight side note, what was the thread about butterfly poop?  I must have missed that one.

Here's the butterfly thread:  http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=122136.0

Thanks!  I really wonder about people sometimes.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Betelnut

« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2012, 09:10:30 AM »
I thought that was a Ramona Quimby book, but its been forever since I read them.

No, the teacher was her aunt.  I think the groom was the uncle of her friend...

"And thus the whirligig of time brings in his
revenges." -- Feste, Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare.

Native Texan, Marylander currently

WonderWoman

« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2012, 10:58:21 AM »
Funny, I thought of Lily's Big Day. It is a children's book about a brassy little mouse girl named Lily whose teacher is getting married. She angles to be his flower girl.

But that is FICTION!

I'm also wondering when the teacher is going to start getting ring bearer resumes.

Jules1980

« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2012, 11:16:23 AM »

No, the teacher was her aunt.  I think the groom was the uncle of her friend...

Howie's uncle.  And if I remember correctly, she wasn't the flower girl, she was a jr. Bridesmaid.  Howie's baby sister was the flower girl.  I just remember the whole class being invited.

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2012, 11:53:22 AM »
I really have no response.  I thought I heard everything but I keep being surprised.  Last week it was curbing your butterfly.  This week it's weeding through resumes of flower girl candidates whose families probably aren't even invited to the wedding!

wyliefool

« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2012, 11:53:40 AM »
You could always reply to the emails w/ a link to the Toddlers and Tiaras show website.  >:D

DoubleTrouble

« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2012, 12:17:37 PM »
My mind is truly blown. OP I hope you find out how this all goes down & let us know!

DaDancingPsych

« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2012, 04:25:06 PM »
I am having a hard time believing that there are so many crazy parents!!! Nutty parent #1 must have proudly announced her plans to submit a resume and other parents did the same in the competitive spirit.

But I do agree with the previous advice. Tell each parent, "Thanks... but really no thanks" and give the principal a heads up. In the very least, he/she she should be prepared for these crazy parents approaching with complaints, because Karen didn't even give their daughter a phone screening!!!

Jones

« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2012, 04:36:20 PM »
I wonder if a parent, in an attempt to point out how ridiculously cutthroat everyone was being, "joked" that they were sending in a resume. "It's the New Thing! Makes for lovely photos! You had better make sure she gets some experience or she'll never be a bridesmaid, and when she's a bride she'll be utterly lost!"

Then sat back laughing as the other parents scrambled up their daughters' experience and good qualities...

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2012, 04:44:13 PM »
I would just ignore the resumes altogether. If approached by a parent, no one would blame you if you burst out laughing and said, "Oh, that prank was hilarious! Imagine, a resume for a flower girl...as if I wouldn't choose one from my own family or friends! How in the world did you get all those other mothers to go along with the joke?"

Also, would you please post the wording of a couple of those resumes? I'm trying to figure out exactly what a "flower girl resume" would have in it!

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2012, 04:58:37 PM »
You could always reply to the emails w/ a link to the Toddlers and Tiaras show website.  >:D

You beat me to that one.

This is insane and I think a letter from the principal is in order.

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2012, 06:00:20 PM »
Oh.my.goodness. Just . . . just . . . yeah, what everybody else said.

I do have to relate a nice way to handle students in your class if you want them to be a part of your wedding.

When DD#1 was maybe 6 or 7 her daycare teacher announced her engagement. You could imagine the excitement for all the little girls in her class. Bride to be invited any/all of the girls that wished to participate to do so by practicing a song. During the ceremony about 10-12 little girls, all dressed up in their finest, went to the front of the church, gathered around the Bride and sang such a lovely song.

It was quite touching.

BTB didn't even hold auditions to find out if any of the girls had horrible singing voices or not. No application or resume required. ::) Amazing.

Giggity

• Super Hero!
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2012, 06:04:29 PM »
Karen is at such a loss at what to do and doesn't know how to approach this situation.  Personally, I have never seen resumes for a bridal party position before, and my mind is boggling at these parents' antics.  Any advice for Karen would be most appreciated.

My advice is for her to ignore the whole situation and plan her wedding the way she wants it.
Words mean things.