Author Topic: Flower girl resumes update pg. 5  (Read 13595 times)

Betelnut

Re: Flower girl resumes
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2012, 07:31:35 PM »
Okay, my list of band names is growing.

First:  Butterfly Poop

Now:  The Flower Girl Rejects 

"And thus the whirligig of time brings in his
revenges." -- Feste, Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare.

Native Texan, Marylander currently

rain

« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2012, 08:49:41 PM »
I like "The Flower Girl Rejects"
"oh we thank thee lord for the things we need, like the wind and the rain and the apple seed"

Viscountess

« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2012, 09:48:23 PM »
Update:

The kindergarten teacher (Karen's her aide) ended up stepping in and telling parents politely to back off.  Apparently parents (mostly mothers) were asking the kinder teacher about Karen's choice for the esteemed flower girl position.  Fortunately, the kinder teacher has a spine of steel so the parents know that the discussion is closed...for now anyway.  Karen is going to start ignoring the resumes/ demanded requests while planning her destination wedding that only family are invited to attend.  Don't want crazy parents crashing her wedding ;)
"If you don't like something, then change it.  If you can't change it, then change your attitude towards it."

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2012, 11:19:38 PM »

If you don't use Flower Girl Rejects, I will start a band just so I can. :-)
"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
Re: Flower girl resumes update pg. 5
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2012, 11:30:29 PM »
The title was such a far out concept that I had to check out the thread to see which version of "resumes" applied.  The actual or the one defined by "began again"

PurpleFrog

« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2012, 04:16:12 AM »
Well done Kindy teacher.

Really words fail me.
[img width=400 height=88]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10773;484/st/20120825/e/Our+Wedding/dt/-1/k/450f/eve

ClaireC79

« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2012, 06:14:52 AM »
Kind of off topic...
 I remember reading a baby sitters club little sister book where the main character (who was Karen I think) was asked to be the bridesmaid for her second grade teacher. Maybe the mums got the idea from there?

yep Karen's wedding - my daughter used to like them and still has a few

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2012, 06:40:14 PM »

LOL! and their title song sung to the tune of "Beauty School Drop-out" ;D

eta: So glad the teacher stepped in.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 06:42:15 PM by jpcher »

JadeAngel

« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2012, 08:07:35 PM »
Update:

The kindergarten teacher (Karen's her aide) ended up stepping in and telling parents politely to back off.  Apparently parents (mostly mothers) were asking the kinder teacher about Karen's choice for the esteemed flower girl position.  Fortunately, the kinder teacher has a spine of steel so the parents know that the discussion is closed...for now anyway.  Karen is going to start ignoring the resumes/ demanded requests while planning her destination wedding that only family are invited to attend.  Don't want crazy parents crashing her wedding ;)

She shouldn't have to run away just because of some crazy parents. I'm sure it's been said before, but in her position I would be saying firmly to all pushy mothers that there's no way I can choose one child over another without hurting someone's feelings so the fairest thing I can do is have no flowergirl at all, so no flowergirl it is, the judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into etcetera, discussion closed.

Otherwise she's going to be hassled all the way up to her wedding and that is a stress she just doesn't need.

johelenc1

« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2012, 12:21:30 AM »
I think the teacher let the mothers off too easy. "Just asking about her choice" doesn't involve paperwork. 

Betelnut

« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2012, 12:57:33 PM »

LOL!  I have a few other band names that I've collected over the years.  Unfortunately, I doubt I'll ever be in the position of actually having a band but, if so, I'll have a name for it!

Hollow Sidewalk is one of the other names I've collected.
"And thus the whirligig of time brings in his
revenges." -- Feste, Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare.

Native Texan, Marylander currently

audhs

« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2012, 01:30:52 PM »
So bizzare! I was mortified when my 7 year old DD told me she needed to bring 2 boxes of girl guide cookies for her teacher thinking that DD had asked her to buy them. (Dd was really into selling this year)

I received a lovely note from her teacher assuring me my dd had only said she was selling them the teacher was the one who asked to buy them.

BarensMom

« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2012, 01:43:20 PM »

LOL!  I have a few other band names that I've collected over the years.  Unfortunately, I doubt I'll ever be in the position of actually having a band but, if so, I'll have a name for it!

Hollow Sidewalk is one of the other names I've collected.

Actually, I prefer Pooping Butterflies.

I really can't imagine a parent wanting their kid to be flower girl for a stranger's wedding. 

camlan

• Super Hero!
« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2012, 01:52:58 PM »
With the update, I think some of the mothers must have been trying to see which daughter was the most popular (assuming that Karen would pick the child she liked most to be the flower girl). The idea that the parents would ask a third party (the teacher), who is not involved in the wedding at all is just mind-boggling. The idea that a week after her engagement, Karen would have chosen the wedding party is equally mind-boggling. The idea that Karen would want to have a student in her wedding party--well, that's an interesting assumption.
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says, “I’m possible!” –Audrey Hepburn

jfost

« Reply #74 on: October 26, 2012, 04:23:43 PM »
Well, as I have been enjoying the recent thread alluding to curbing one's butterflies, and agree it seems bizarre for parents to promote unrelated students as potential flower girls, I love imagining a response of "the skills we seek in any flower girls we may choose, other than those from family and family friends, are specifically butterfly-wrangling. If your daughter has such skills, or better yet a trained herd of butterflies, please let us know when we may schedule the audition".

Sudden flash back to an old Two and a Half Men episode.  Allen and Charlie's mom is getting married with the wedding held at Charlie's home.  Allen plans the wedding including a live butterfly release.  Only problem..... when Berta attempts to release the butterflies, they are all dead!   At least they weren't pooping!