Author Topic: Another Noisy Neighbor question . . .  (Read 3805 times)

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
Re: Another Noisy Neighbor question . . .
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2012, 06:52:24 PM »
Okay, thank you. Once again, you've all shown me the other side of the coin.

I was always under the impression that you should politely put up with certain noises from the neighbors so long as it isn't overly obnoxious or isn't within the quiet-time zone, so I thought that putting up with it until 10:00, just to see what NN did, was the best action to take.

I think that her noise level WAS overly obnoxious, because BFbob and DD couldn't hear their own television.

You were okay with it, but they were not.

artk2002

• Super Hero!
    • The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2012, 07:31:53 PM »
Certain noises, yes. "Can't listen to the TV noises," no. There's no appropriate time for that.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

helixa

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2012, 10:09:10 PM »
I think a reasonable time for noise depends on the day of the week as well, a weekend you might be more lax, but on a working/school night it's pretty inconsiderate to have really loud noise after 9pm even.

I do think your DD and BFbob should have told you first that he was going to go over. You may have had reasons why you'd have preferred he didn't go over at that time.

But you shouldn't apologise now, as it was still a valid complaint, and there is always the chance she doesn't know where BFbob came from.

thedudeabides

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2012, 10:59:08 PM »
I think they were fine.  Odds are pretty good that if it was loud enough to drown out the TV in your house, it was loud enough to break even the daytime noise restrictions that most places usually have.

onyonryngs

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2012, 11:04:46 PM »
You can probably make it into a joke like "Young kids these days can't handle loud music unless it's Justin Bieber."  but I think that you are fine.