Author Topic: Thank you for dentists?  (Read 908 times)

qestia

Thank you for dentists?
« on: October 23, 2012, 03:18:21 PM »
My young son has had a lot of dental work recently. He is NOT an easy patient, and his dentist and her assistants have had to go above and beyond with him. They have done a really great job, and I want to thank them formally because I know it has not been easy. Generally I would think of sending some treats to the office--a local company makes wonderful cookies. But then I was thinking maybe a dentist would not appreciate sweets. Can anyone recommend a nice thank you the whole office could enjoy, as many different people have been involved at various visits?

WillyNilly

• Super Hero!
  • Mmmmm, food
    • The World as I Taste It
Re: Thank you for dentists?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 03:49:52 PM »
Well you could send a fruit basket.  But really I think a card to the office is nice for the staff and for the practice as a whole, a positive review on Google and Yelp are a really tangible way to thank a professional.

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 03:53:51 PM »
Dentists eat sweets, they just brush afterwards.

Faerydust

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 03:59:30 PM »
I used to be a dental assistant at a children's dental office. Speaking for the office I worked in, we loved sweets and many families brought us sweets as thank yous to the office. Looking back, we probably had someone bringing us treats on a weekly basis, but they were always eaten and enjoyed. We would get donuts, pies, cookies, pizzas, and once someone even brought individual cups of Starbucks coffee for everyone. I gained weight working there! ;)

Of course some people were on diets or chose not to eat the treats for various reasons, but it's the thought that counts!

I think cookies are the perfect gift.

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 06:13:40 PM »
Dentists eat sweets, they just brush afterwards.

There's the key! ;D

I think sweets are fine.

Is your son old enough to maybe draw a picture and write or copy a "thank you" message which you can include?

My DDs hygienist had quite a few kid-made drawings hanging on her wall.

Amara

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 07:17:26 PM »
I have a great dentist, and I adore both him and his office staff (a total of four people). Every time I go in I take a pound of specially selected See's candy plus I include a handwritten thank-you note for them. It is very much appreciated.

Lyndon, the dentist, told me when I was in for my twice-yearly cleaning and exam that dentists have the highest rate of suicide. I had already known this, but he explained that most adult dental patients are often saying how much they hate visiting the dentist, how much they hate dentists in general, etc. That kind of thing takes a toll on people, most of whom, I think really want to help. So any kindnesses are met with surprise--and gratitude of immense proportions. It really will make your dentist's day, OP, if you do this especially if you include a note with it.