Author Topic: This was a close call!  (Read 1462 times)

Bijou

• Super Hero!
This was a close call!
« on: October 23, 2012, 08:49:17 PM »
Boy!  That was a close call.  Good thing I called my sister!
We plan to go visit our 100 year old cousin this weekend.  She lives a few hours away and some of the family was going to go see her this weekend, taking separate cars.  Sunday, I thought.   I called my sister today just to check in with her before we go.  She said 'see you Saturday!"  I said, "Sunday."  We went back and forth a few times about what day it was and I finally called our other cousin who is going.  She said Saturday, she thought...not sure.  She said she'd call her brother who planned it.  Turns out it is Saturday.  Husand and I would have gone on Sunday and showed up when our poor cousin was all exhausted from the prior day visit with family and then would have to put up with us....not to mention they would all be wondering where the heck we all were the day of the real visit.
Have you had a forehead slapping story like this?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 08:50:57 PM by Bijou »
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

SpikeMichigan

Re: This was a close call!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 03:32:47 PM »

I once almost missed a flight home from a holiday due to something like this. Something to do with a 12 hour clock as I recall - so we thought we were leaving the next day, but it was actually early in the morning that day. That probably doesn't make too much sense, but anyway, had my friend not by chance looked at the flight schedule, we'd have missed it.

I check schedules more clearly now.

P12663

• I can take dragons. Or give them away. Honest.
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 03:47:40 PM »
For years, on the 7th, I would call my mother to wish her a Happy Birthday.  For years, she would tell me thank you, but her birthday was on the 17th.

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 06:12:15 PM »

I once almost missed a flight home from a holiday due to something like this. Something to do with a 12 hour clock as I recall - so we thought we were leaving the next day, but it was actually early in the morning that day. That probably doesn't make too much sense, but anyway, had my friend not by chance looked at the flight schedule, we'd have missed it.

I check schedules more clearly now.

Oh, yes. Check those schedules! ;D

The first time I booked a plane trip on line . . . bags were packed, everybody was  ready to go on an early flight the next morning.

I decided to check the schedule the night before . . . I could not find my flight number. Anywhere. There weren't any flights taking off at my scheduled time either. I had my confirmation that I checked, double checked. No luck.

I called the airline and asked "What gives?" (much more politely than that, I assure you. ;))

Customer service was confused, too, because she couldn't find me listed as a passenger on any flights leaving the next day.

I said "But my confirmation says the 18th, that's tomorrow right?" She agreed "Yup. Tomorrow's the 18th.)

She did some magical checking then came back to me and said "I see what the problem is. You have a flight booked for February 18th."

I said "Oh! I'm so glad you found me! So I'm good to go tomorrow?"

CS was sooo gentle and kind to me. I don't remember her exact words when she apologetically informed me that tomorrow was January 18th. Not February 18th.

Apparently I was in the wrong month when I booked my flight. ::)

I did write an extremely complimentary letter about her customer service because she was able to get me and the DDs on a flight the next day without extra charges. ;D

(I think she felt sorry for the poor idiot that she was dealing with.)

RegionMom

• Super Hero!
  • ♪♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫ ♪ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 02:36:54 PM »
You know when you have a meeting on Wednesday, and a study on the 15th, and you do not realize that those are the same day?  And you are scheduled to be two places at once?

Or you have a trip planned on the last weekend of the month, but since Sunday is the first, the last weekend was actually last weekend?

Nope, never happens to me!!!
Fear is temporary...Regret is forever.

Seraphia

• Unabashed cat person
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 03:49:29 PM »
You know when you have a meeting on Wednesday, and a study on the 15th, and you do not realize that those are the same day?  And you are scheduled to be two places at once?

Or you have a trip planned on the last weekend of the month, but since Sunday is the first, the last weekend was actually last weekend?

Nope, never happens to me!!!

Ummm...are you me? Because that never happens to me either. Nope, never. I totally knew what I was doing when I requested the Friday off for the week after my trip.  :P
Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 08:49:17 PM »
This was actually a fabulous goof.
I was busily working at my desk one morning and the payroll guy came by and said, "What are you doing here, Bijou!  You took this as a vacation day."
Gee, it felt wonderful walking (flying, bouncing, running, leaping) out of the building into the beautiful morning sun, knowing that I was free...free...free!!!!  Well, for the day, anyway.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.