Author Topic: Immune to Social, Non-verbal, and Blatant E-Hell Cues  (Read 6825 times)

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
Re: Immune to Social, Non-verbal, and Blatant E-Hell Cues
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2012, 08:02:03 PM »
Well it solved itself (even though I had my phrases and spine ready!).  He did not pass a test today and has been terminated.  At least I know how to deal with other people like this in the future (they seem to flock to me, I don't know why).
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2012, 01:00:25 PM »

I realize I have the authority to govern with whom I interact, and thank you for reminding me.  The problem is, I don't quite know how to exercise it as I am not in a position to do (as I am with the inmates...does that make sense?).  Your examples are good ones of what to say, I just have to remember to do it and that I'm not rude for doing it.

Could you expand on this? I'm curious to hear your thinking.

Katana_Geldar

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2012, 01:26:53 AM »
He sounded like he was on the high-functioning end of the autistic spectrum. And I say this ad one myself and knowing a few people like that too. We're blind to social cues and hints, but most of us don't mind being told politely if we have missed one. Think bid it like bring separated from the work behind a glass wall. You can keep track of things but miss so much.

This is speculation, but us Aspies are usually good at picking up 'one of us' even just by looking.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2012, 08:13:56 AM »

I realize I have the authority to govern with whom I interact, and thank you for reminding me.  The problem is, I don't quite know how to exercise it as I am not in a position to do (as I am with the inmates...does that make sense?).  Your examples are good ones of what to say, I just have to remember to do it and that I'm not rude for doing it.

Could you expand on this? I'm curious to hear your thinking.

It's hard to explain. With the inmates, I am in charge no question. My sole purpose of being there is to make sure they follow the rules. I have no doubt in my mind how to interact with them; I know exactly how to do it and what to say because I know my purpose and that I'm in charge. That is not so with a coworker. I am not there to tell him what to do, and my purpose is now multitude, so I don't know necessarily how to act because there are so many other nuances between. With inmates there is just one, in social life there are tons. (I realize there really is more than just one for inmates, but that was the best way I could explain it.) I can put the inmates in a box and know how to deal with them before I take them out. A coworker has too many multitudes governing how I interact with him so he doesn't even fit in a box.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

bopper

• Super Hero!
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2012, 01:36:09 PM »
Well it solved itself (even though I had my phrases and spine ready!).  He did not pass a test today and has been terminated.  At least I know how to deal with other people like this in the future (they seem to flock to me, I don't know why).

Maybe it is because you don't give off a "buzz off" vibe. 

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2012, 07:56:42 PM »

Maybe it is because you don't give off a "buzz off" vibe.

I have tried; instead I get the, "What's wrong?" from everyone.  It's a no win  >:(