Thinking of everyone on the East Coast. I'm out west, but have been through some big storms, here's my top tips.
* Be sure the car has gas, and if you have generators, get extra gas cans and fill them. If power goes out, gas stations can't pump gas.
* Get all the laundry done, run the dishwasher.
* Stock up on water and canned goods, flashlights.
* Bring in all the stuff that could blow around from outside (outdoor furniture, etc).
* Charge all your mobile devices, your regular phone may go out, but your mobile might still work. Don't forget your eReaders, that might be the only entertainment if the power is out.
Thinking positive thoughts for everyone.