Author Topic: Argan Oil  (Read 3305 times)

MOM21SON

Argan Oil
« on: October 26, 2012, 08:39:01 PM »
Does anyone use this?  pros?  cons?

TIA!

quietgirl

Re: Argan Oil
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 10:01:48 PM »
Love, love, love it!  It makes my curly, frizzy hair smooth & pretty.   :D

The only drawback is that it can pretty expensive.  But it's totally worth it. 

WillyNilly

• Super Hero!
  • Mmmmm, food
    • The World as I Taste It
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 10:07:32 PM »
argh, I typed a whole thing and my phone died!

Anyhow, I use hair oil blends containing argan oil.  I have two:

amika: oil treatment for the hair "Obliphica with Argan oil"

Exquisite Oil by Biolage "...a versatile serum infused with Moringa, Macadamia and Argan Oils."

I have long (mid back) wavy hair, and a lot of it.  I use about a dime sized amount in damp hair before drying. It really does keep my hair from looking or feeling dried out and it definitely keeps frizzies away.  Sometimes I use some in my hair before bed - I work it through with my fingers, then twist my hair into a bun and in the morning my waves are really nice.  I generally avoid near the scalp, and focus more on the ends. Both of mine have a fragrance added, and they are both really mild, slightly sweet smelling.

After I run it into my hair I rub it into my hands, especially the cuticles - its a good moisturizer.

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 10:18:46 PM »
I use it.  I add it to my leave in conditioner.  I like the way it smells and it helps the conditioner go a little further

magician5

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 12:20:12 AM »
Do you know how many cute little argans they have to kill to get just one ounce of argan oil?
There is no 'way to peace.' Peace is the way.

chibichan

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 06:22:29 AM »
Do you know how many cute little argans they have to kill to get just one ounce of argan oil?

Don't worry - these days they just put them in a nice warm bath and all the oil floats to the top . The Argans love it ...
The key to avoiding trouble is to learn to recognize it from a distance.

emwithme

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 10:03:57 AM »

Don't worry - these days they just put them in a nice warm bath and all the oil floats to the top . The Argans love it ...

;D ;D ;D

I *love* argan oil, it has made dealing with my frizz-ness bearable (that, and some good straighteners, have made this past year much easier in terms of hair-care).

But it's so expensive - I'm so glad that DH ignored my brand request last year (I wanted "Moroccanoil") and bought me a different brand ("Lee Stafford" from Boots), because it was on a 3 for 2 offer.  I still have some left now.

ilrag

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2012, 10:31:28 AM »
I'll be the voice of dissent. I have a ton of curly hair, super dry air and hard water. Argan Oil doesn't stand a chance.

It makes my hair softer but does zero to help with frizz. I have much better luck with curl conscious defining creme from bumble and bumble.

lilfox

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2012, 12:06:17 PM »
I'll be the voice of dissent. I have a ton of curly hair, super dry air and hard water. Argan Oil doesn't stand a chance.

It makes my hair softer but does zero to help with frizz. I have much better luck with curl conscious defining creme from bumble and bumble.

I have liked the argon oil products I have tried, but I agree with the above.  I have straight hair, but live in a hard water region and the oil does not help my flyaways.  I use it post-shower on damp hair for the softness and the scent and my (unscientific) thought that maybe it helps lessen heat styling damage.  I use a little pomade type cream as a smoother for the flyaways.

MrsVandy

• Formally futurelillady
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2012, 12:14:55 PM »
I use BC miracle oil and Moroccan oil light on my clients. They do work very well and you only need a very small amount. They take out a lot of the frizz and makes the blow dry faster.

However many people find that everyday use can make their hair look greasy. Also many blonds or lighter hair colours find that it can make their hair brassy and take on red tones.

MOM21SON

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2012, 08:07:35 PM »
I have never used it on my hair.  I had a very small sample that I started using on my face.  I swear my face looks 10 years younger!  My acne is gone and it is a smooth as a babies butt.  I did splurge today and bought a 4oz bottle.  Don't tell DH the cost ok?  lol

happygrrl

• Happy Girlie OI OI OI
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2012, 08:55:47 PM »
^ Exactly--I've never used it on my hair, but I use it on my face every night, and I love it. My face is soft and smoother.Worth every penny (mine is Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan oil, and I got it at Sephora).
"I am the laziest person on Earth. I want to learn to photosynthesize so I can buy a sun lamp and survive without getting out of bed."  M-theory 11/23/10

Miriam

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2012, 10:50:16 PM »
After blow drying my hair to a crisp I use argan oil on the tips before I flat iron. It smooths everything away.
"All Was Well"

joraemi

• Crystal of Enchantment - my current project
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2012, 10:21:11 AM »
Never heard of it before today.  Does anyone use it for rosacea (with good results!)? 

Courage is the price life  exacts for granting peace.  ~Amelia Earhart~

happygrrl

• Happy Girlie OI OI OI
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2012, 10:53:32 AM »
Joraemi,

I have rosacea, and I haven't noticed my usage as either a help or a detriment. Although....my nose is less flaky.
"I am the laziest person on Earth. I want to learn to photosynthesize so I can buy a sun lamp and survive without getting out of bed."  M-theory 11/23/10