Author Topic: Argan Oil  (Read 2930 times)

MOM21SON

Re: Argan Oil
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2012, 11:04:28 AM »
^ Exactly--I've never used it on my hair, but I use it on my face every night, and I love it. My face is soft and smoother.Worth every penny (mine is Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan oil, and I got it at Sephora).

Thats what I got too!

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 11:59:38 AM »
I'm going to have to look into the Josie Maran line!  I can't use too much oil on my hair (except for coconut oil that I use as a hot oil treatment) but I use the oil cleansing method and have been looking for some good facial argan oil.  I've heard it's worth every penny.

CLE_Girl

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2012, 01:18:41 PM »
Bugger....I had a free sample from a cosmetic's industry magazine but I through it out because I didn't know what it was for!!  I have super dry skin and curly/wavy frizzy hair...sounds like it was just what I needed!

greencat

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2012, 11:14:56 PM »
I got a few free sample bottles from different brands at a big hair show I was working as a model at - six tiny bottles have lasted five months.  I have hair that tends to frizz - I looked like Hermione Granger before the Harry Potter books came out.  Argan oil stuff is pretty amazing, though I don't use it every day (I only wash my hair every other day) and will do a clarifying shampoo once a week to handle any buildup.

spaceheatersusan

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2012, 03:03:04 PM »
Honestly, the best way to get it is on ebay!  Buy from a seller that sells 100% pure argan oil (and make sure they have good feedback) and you will save a TON of money over buying the "brand name" stuff
I buy mine on there for a small fraction of what you would pay for the likes of Josie Maran, etc.
Check out my etsy shop for one-of-a-kind handmade jewelry!
www.noneoftheabove.etsy.com

spaceheatersusan

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2012, 03:04:21 PM »
Also, funnily enough, I was rubbing argan oil on my hands as I came across this thread!  (it is fantastic for your nails and cuticles)

Daquiri40

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2012, 10:58:26 AM »
I use it on my hair.  Just a little spritz and my hair smells great and holds its shape for the next day.

My hairdresser's co-worker told me about it and I do love it.  I can buy it for about $9 a bottle.  I still have lots left.   The woman at the beauty supply store where I bought it, had very short gray hair and it was gorgeous!  She said she uses the oil instead of conditioner.

happygrrl

• Happy Girlie OI OI OI
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2012, 01:10:24 PM »
OK, so if you use it on your hair, do you use conditioner first? Do you rub the oil between your hands and just glide it on? (I gotta try this, although, my hair is thin so I can't use much).
"I am the laziest person on Earth. I want to learn to photosynthesize so I can buy a sun lamp and survive without getting out of bed."  M-theory 11/23/10

lilfox

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2012, 02:44:31 PM »
OK, so if you use it on your hair, do you use conditioner first? Do you rub the oil between your hands and just glide it on? (I gotta try this, although, my hair is thin so I can't use much).

How I do it:  yes to conditioner first, and yes to rubbing it between my palms and smoothing it through and/or over my hair.

Now I'm curious to try it as a moisturizer but my current stuff is an argan oil blend.  My MIL swears by it as a moisturizer but I'm not sure what type she uses.

spaceheatersusan

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2012, 05:17:05 PM »
I often mix a bit in with my body moisturizer and rub it on my legs, because I have super dry legs.

MOM21SON

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2012, 07:00:09 PM »

How I do it:  yes to conditioner first, and yes to rubbing it between my palms and smoothing it through and/or over my hair.

Now I'm curious to try it as a moisturizer but my current stuff is an argan oil blend.  My MIL swears by it as a moisturizer but I'm not sure what type she uses.

I kid you not, my face is so smooth and it does actually glow.  I no longer use foundation.  I use a tinted moisturizer, a aragan oil color stick, mascara and eyeliner.  Out the door.

stargazer

• Super Hero!
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2012, 06:42:55 PM »
I hadn't tried it before but had to go to Sephora last night and get the smallest bottle.  I'm not in the habit of touching my face throughout the day so not sure how much better it is but does feel soft.  I'll keep trying it at night.  Hopefully it will help with my under eye lines too (have no idea if it's supposed to but nothing else does).  How long before you really saw results with it?

MOM21SON

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2012, 07:34:40 PM »
I hadn't tried it before but had to go to Sephora last night and get the smallest bottle.  I'm not in the habit of touching my face throughout the day so not sure how much better it is but does feel soft.  I'll keep trying it at night.  Hopefully it will help with my under eye lines too (have no idea if it's supposed to but nothing else does).  How long before you really saw results with it?

I noticed a difference everyday.  But by day 7, others noticed too!  My friend ordered a kit that had 4 small bottles of scent Argan oil. She didn't like the scents so she gave them to me.  I am going to use those on my arms and legs.

Danika

• I'm not speeding. I'm qualifying.
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2012, 03:29:47 PM »
I'd never heard of argan oil til this thread. OP, I thank you profusely for creating it!

I have purchased some and used it and my formerly insanely dry, frizzy, and out of control fro is more tamed and looks kinda nice with curls instead of just frizz.  ;D

My hair went from looking like the first to more like the second:

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2012, 10:37:29 PM »
As a deep conditioner it's amazing.

I do a protein treatment and deep conditioner every two weeks and I finally decided to get an Argan oil hair mask.  My hair feels so good right now, I just want to keep petting it.  It kept it's shine after I blow dried it as well.  Even better the pack only cost $2 at the store and was plenty for my just past shoulder length hair
My Photography Gallery
http://www.ctartisticphotos.com/