Author Topic: Cashier Walks Off  (Read 3768 times)

guihong

• Super Hero!
Re: Cashier Walks Off
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2012, 08:27:33 PM »
The same thing just happened to me!  There was a tiny nick in a bag of flour; it didn't even seem to go all the way through.  I tried to tell the cashier that I'd take it (the store was busy and my line was long), but she took off way to the back for another bag.  I was really embarrassed, like I'd caused the backup. 

Jelaza

• Meow
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2012, 10:21:36 PM »
This is why I like the grocery store that I shop at.  If I don't have my discount card, they don't need to go and look for a generic one, nor do I have to pay the non-discounted price.  They can just enter my phone number in.

As someone who used to be a cashier, this cashier should have been trained not to walk away from a customer, even for a few seconds, unless you say why.  Although, she should be able to figure it out without needing to be trained for it.

squeakers

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2012, 11:09:17 PM »
I think she had a brain fart: "Customer does not have card with her.  Customer does own a card that gives a discount.  I need a card to give customer a discount. Because so many customers whine if they don't get a discount they are entitled to even if they don't have a card with them. I'll get her a card from 'wherever'."  Wherever took a few minutes time.

3 minutes should not get you glares or huffs or stares from other customers.  What if you wanted to get a card and the cashier had to fill out the forms, get a manager, the cash register died, you needed an item with a tag (I always seem to find the size I need but don't notice it is missing the tag by the time I find the right size) or anything else that could take up time.

This seems to me one of those "life happened" moments that I shrug off.
"I feel sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." "It is so low, in fact, that Miss Manners feels sure you would not want to resort to it yourself, even in your own defense. We do not believe in retaliatory rudeness." Judith Martin