Author Topic: Online spice store recommendation  (Read 1090 times)

pierrotlunaire0

• I'm the cat's aunt!
Re: Online spice store recommendation
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2012, 12:29:01 PM »
Yup, Penzeys.

Also, their catalog always has lots of great recipes.

Their Vietnamese Cinnamon changed my life.
I have enough lithium in my medicine cabinet to power three cars across a sizeable desert.  Which makes me officially...Three Cars Crazy

BabyMama

• Kim Chee Casserole
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 01:16:12 PM »
Both Penzey's and The Spice House have been wonderful--I've been to the store and ordered online from Penzey's, only received online from The Spice House. Both good experiences though!

artk2002

• Super Hero!
    • The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2012, 02:53:49 PM »
Arrg!  I just looked up Penzey locations, and I was right by one a week ago!  I'm looking for Christmas presents, so I have plenty of time to wander back over there.

Thanks again!   8)

Penzey's has some boxed sets that make great gifts; they have themes and range from 4 jars on up. Some are massive crates (17 jars, peppermill, salt shaker, bottle of double strength vanilla, saffron and a peppercorn blend for one example.)  Plus they pack the boxes with loose bay leaves and whole nutmeg so the recipient gets a bonus (warn them not to throw that stuff away!)
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

BabyMama

• Kim Chee Casserole
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2012, 06:08:59 PM »
My grandpa is on a very, very low salt diet for his health. It's sad being around him at mealtimes because you can tell he just doesn't enjoy foodas much as he used to (and he's losing weight, which is bad.) I plan on getting my grandparents all Penzey's salt-free blends. My grandma's not naturally a think-outside-the-box cook, but that's just because when she was growing up it was plain meat and potatoes. I'm hoping she'll get brave and start using other seasonings than salt and pepper, and Grandpa will enjoy food again.

Lorelei_Evil

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2012, 06:24:03 PM »
Simply Organic has a salt free all purpose seasoning that I go through like crazy.  The garlic pepper seasoning is also really good.