Author Topic: Poster with Dr Who Scarf  (Read 1237 times)

wolfie

• I don't know what this is so I am putting random words here
  • Super Hero!
Poster with Dr Who Scarf
« on: October 30, 2012, 05:03:42 PM »
Hi! I remember there is someone on this board whose spouse knitted a Dr Who Scarf. Are you still around? I have a favor to ask of you! No - it is not to knit anything - it is a picture for a scavenger hunt I am doing. Although if you want to knit a vest for a cat with matching booties I won't say no. :-) You should be able to message me from here.

BarensMom

Re: Poster with Dr Who Scarf
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 12:06:34 AM »
Wolfie, I'm no good with posting URLs, but the name of the thread was Celebrating Craftiness / Re: Mr. Fiver's Dr. Who Scarf Adventure- It's finished! Post 51.

wolfie

• I don't know what this is so I am putting random words here
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 05:50:22 PM »
thank you! I found it and sent the poster an email.

BabyMama

• Kim Chee Casserole
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 07:37:12 PM »
Haha, funny this should pop up today. My coworker finally got someone to knit him a Dr. Who scarf (he asked one of our knitter coworkers a couple years ago but then got sticker shock at the amount of yarn needed.) Unfortunately very few of our coworkers know who/what Dr. Who is--I heard him explaining to a number of people what he was supposed to be, and at one point heard him sadly say, "It's been on since the 1960s..."

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 01:37:09 AM »

My mom knit one for my brother. I don't think she used a pattern, but i will find out if she did.
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

RingTailedLemur

• Rudeness is a small person's imitation of power.
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 08:17:10 AM »

Aria

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 11:22:16 AM »
I'm partial to this pattern, myself: http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEss12/PATTbigger.php

Now I just have to get good enough at knitting to make it!

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 12:14:39 PM »
I'm partial to this pattern, myself: http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEss12/PATTbigger.php

That is so cool!  I might have to make that sometime.  It'll have to be a little bigger for my football player shoulders, mind you.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Addy

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 01:34:11 PM »

Darn, I wish I could knit. That is awesome.

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 02:59:17 PM »
I always thought that you'd just start knitting and keep going until you got sick of it/ran out of solid colored yarn.

I heard at a fan convention that the original reason why the scarf was so long was because someone associated with the show took a bunch of yarn to a lady and asked her to knit a scarf for the next Dr. Who character.  Then, when they went back to pick the scarf up they found that she'd used all the yarn they'd provided and the scarf was something like 18 feet long.   

RegionMom

• Super Hero!
  • ♪♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫ ♪ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 11:05:10 PM »
No matter how it got made the first time, that was "my first doctor" and you never forget your first doctor!!

Now that Tardis blue scarf is awesome.  I wonder if someone on Etsy has those to buy...
Fear is temporary...Regret is forever.