General Etiquette > Etiquette of the Rich and Famous

Bringing a Baby to an Adult Party

(1/8) > >>

Jones:
@Kelsey and Kayte Grammer

In short, Kelsey Grammer and his wife Kayte brought their three month old daughter, Faith, to the Playboy mansion Halloween party.

As a breastfeeding parent who also does not have a nanny and has limited options on babysitters, I vote this was a very bad decision on the parents' parts. There are some places you do not bring your daughter, and the Playboy Mansion is one of them.

JenJay:
It doesn't bother me unless, of course, kids were explicitly not invited and they baby-crashed. I probably wouldn't take a child old enough to be aware of anything inappropriate but a 3 month old is pretty much just going to eat, sleep and need diapers. I mean heck, most likely the only thing a breast feeding infant is going to be thinking at a Playboy party is "Buffet!"  :P

Sharnita:
I think having an infant there would probably change the vibe for everyone else. Not a fan of anything Playboy but I think if you do attend you have an obligation to go with the flow.

Two Ravens:
Klassy.

MyFamily:

--- Quote from: Sharnita on October 31, 2012, 10:11:18 AM ---I think having an infant there would probably change the vibe for everyone else. Not a fan of anything Playboy but I think if you do attend you have an obligation to go with the flow.

--- End quote ---

I didn't click on the link given above, but the article I read mentioned that someone at the party did tweet something about this and it definitely was not a positive comment.  Most likely, the baby went into sensory overload and just fell asleep, but this was not an appropriate venue for a baby simply because that was not the crowd that was there.  No babysitter, no nanny = you stay home. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version