General Etiquette > Etiquette of the Rich and Famous

Bringing a Baby to an Adult Party

<< < (2/8) > >>

Zilla:
I thought it was odd that they couldn't find a babysitter but after reading this link, http://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/-/world/15225565/nanny-kills-kids-in-new-york-apartment/

I don't blame them.  It sounds like though the baby slept through it all and if it wasn't explicitly allowed, I don't see an issue with it.  I have seen alot of shows that revolved around the Playboy Mansion and it's not that omigosh you brought a child there type of place.

WillyNilly:

--- Quote from: Zilla on October 31, 2012, 10:39:40 AM ---...I have seen alot of shows that revolved around the Playboy Mansion and it's not that omigosh you brought a child there type of place.

--- End quote ---

While I agree this party might not have been baby or child appropriate, certainly there are children friendly events held at the Playboy mansion!  Lets not forget Hef has a bunch of kids, and grandkids!  Children were raised in the mansion.  And plenty of his girlfriends and bunnies have kids too.  Its not, IMO, always inappropriate to bring children to the Playboy Mansion by any stretch.

Jones:
OK, I'll be willing to concede that there are family friendly events at the Playboy Mansion.

This, however, does not sound like such an event. Other guests complained, for one thing, even though the baby slept through most of it. I also have misgivings about bringing children around drunk people, who may not act as wisely as they would sober.

I just mentioned the story to DH and he said "Are you kidding? All those girls and one baby, I'd be surprised if they didn't pass her around cooing."  ::) DH has an odd sense of the female psyche.

Sharnita:

--- Quote from: WillyNilly on October 31, 2012, 02:47:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: Zilla on October 31, 2012, 10:39:40 AM ---...I have seen alot of shows that revolved around the Playboy Mansion and it's not that omigosh you brought a child there type of place.

--- End quote ---

While I agree this party might not have been baby or child appropriate, certainly there are children friendly events held at the Playboy mansion!  Lets not forget Hef has a bunch of kids, and grandkids!  Children were raised in the mansion.  And plenty of his girlfriends and bunnies have kids too.  Its not, IMO, always inappropriate to bring children to the Playboy Mansion by any stretch.

--- End quote ---

It seems like if this was one of those events, their baby would not have been noteworthy enough for another guest to have tweeted in disapproval.

WillyNilly:
^ That's very likely. 

But then again one never knows - Hef might have said "eh, she's 3 months and will probably sleep through it..." So long as the host is ok then if guests don't approve its on them.  The host gets to decide who can attend.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version