Author Topic: Bringing a Baby to an Adult Party  (Read 9566 times)

Jones

Re: Bringing a Baby to an Adult Party
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2012, 09:17:45 AM »
He took a baby to the Halloween party at the Playboy Mansion.  Dude is batting a thousand on the "great parent" front.  I feel pretty comfortable saying that a party that looks like this is not family-friendly: http://vipexclusives.com/Playboy-Mansion-Kandy-Halloween-2012-Tickets.htm

If that was the event....it is crazy that anyone would bring a baby to it! And expect the child to sleep!

gorplady

• “Put silk on a goat and it is still a goat”
    • PerfectDuluthDay
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2012, 09:44:47 AM »
From the event description itself: "You already know what to expect from a Kandy party - Hand-picked Kandy Girls in their s..e..x..i..e..s..t costumes, a sight and sound experience like no other, the most over-the-top production imaginable and much much more..

So while the invitation may have not explicitly stated "no kids," IMHO, it didn't need to, because of the adult nature of the party. Common sense should have applied.

While there may be family friendly events at the Playboy Mansion, it is clear that *this* event was not one of them.

And frankly, there are two parents in this situation. If they couldn't find a nanny or babysitter, why didn't one of them stay home?

thedudeabides

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2012, 11:53:37 AM »
There are just times when you need to exercise common sense. Are there family friendly events at the Mansion? Probably. Is the after hours Halloween costume party one of them? No.

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2012, 05:53:03 PM »
From the event description itself: "You already know what to expect from a Kandy party - Hand-picked Kandy Girls in their s..e..x..i..e..s..t costumes, a sight and sound experience like no other, the most over-the-top production imaginable and much much more..

So while the invitation may have not explicitly stated "no kids," IMHO, it didn't need to, because of the adult nature of the party. Common sense should have applied.

While there may be family friendly events at the Playboy Mansion, it is clear that *this* event was not one of them.

And frankly, there are two parents in this situation. If they couldn't find a nanny or babysitter, why didn't one of them stay home?

This. It is pretty obviously not a child-friendly event.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

sunnygirl

« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2012, 08:36:32 AM »
I went through a brief phase of being a bit obsessed with that 'Girls Next Door' show and read all the tell-alls and Internet stuff. They definitely have kid-friendly events (the annual Easter party is supposed to be for kids/families; the Playmates and Girlfriends dress more modestly, there are activities designed for children, etc.). The Halloween party is the wildest and most X rated of the five big annual parties and not at all suitable for kids, although I guess a baby would be too young to know what's going on.

There's no way they'd invite a baby, though I am surprised he was allowed to bring the baby in. The security to get in is insane - you have to have an invite and ID which are checked at two different points, and apart from Hef's personal friends it's mostly celebs and hot women (but if you fall into the latter category and you show up having gained weight or not looking as hot as in your photos, you can still be turned away, even if you have an invite). An actress I was a fan of who's been on many men's magazine covers was invited once, but showed up with her uninvited husband who is a movie studio VP - he was not allowed in. So I guess they made allowances because he's a celeb, or perhaps he's friends with Hef. The party is outdoors so I hope they found a quiet room inside for him or perhaps one of the elderly female staffers offered to watch him.

Drawberry

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2012, 07:24:11 PM »
Personally it isn't the venue that I am really against, it's just a home with an old man and some young girls hanging around and doing whatever things I totally don't want to know about, but rather that it was likely a party that was not meant to be for children and the vibe of the event did not suit the baby at all.

I think it's not nearly as big of a deal as it seems just because it involves the Playboy mansion. Some parents made a poor choice of where to bring a very young child, they probably won't be bringing the baby to anymore high energy shindigs that for sure, but nothing that I feel is deserving of much attention.

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2012, 09:32:16 PM »
I just wish I had an invitation... I would go dressed up as a giant banana! And then win the costume for Most Dressed Lady  >:D
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-

CakeEater

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2012, 06:14:39 AM »

JeanFromBNA

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2012, 04:04:35 PM »
All the nekkid women and partying aside, from what I can tell, Hugh Hefner is an impeccable host that takes etiquette very seriously.  I'm sure that he and his staff were just caught by surprise when a baby showed up.  Hef also has an infamous "do not admit" list for offenders. 

The article states that the Grammers couldn't find a babysitter, which implied that they knew that they should have had a babysitter.