Author Topic: Good News/Bad News Kittens!  (Read 2069 times)

HermioneGranger

Re: Good News/Bad News Kittens!
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2012, 09:58:34 AM »
That's how we ended up with one of our cats.  It was going to below freezing that night, and he looked like he needed a home and a meal.  He's now incredibly spoiled, and knows he'll never have to sleep outside again.   ;D

Thanks for bringing the little guy in.  He's adorable. 

Miss March

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2012, 10:03:00 AM »
My local cat rescue group is always willing to loan out "Have a Heart" human traps so that people can catch stray cats and kittens on their property. I wonder if any shelters near you could loan you a trap, just so you can get those other 2 kittens off the street?
How lucky I am to have something that makes saying good bye so hard.-- Winnie the Poo

SleepyKitty

• Quid plura?
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2012, 12:06:12 PM »

New pics, and good news! Another graduate student is taking him in. He'll be with my until after his first vet appointment next week, then he goes to his new home. It will be sad to lose him, but necessary, and I know he's going to a great home.

I haven't seen mama cat or the other kittens again - they were there one day, gone the next. I hope they're okay, but I think they're staying well away from the crazy lady who scoops up kittens. :)

Jones

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2012, 01:12:13 PM »
Well, that's incredibly good news for this guy, I am glad you were able to find him a home! Hopefully mama and other kitties were found by another helpful soul.

SoCalVal

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2012, 03:05:29 PM »

I love this pic!  I wish I could have more kitties, but we're already having trouble agreeing where the litterbox is going once I move in.  One of my fluffy boys loves playing mommy, too, so a kitty with no mommy would be right up his alley.

Thank you for rescuing him, too.  Sadly, 3.5 years ago, one of my fluffy boys, in his excitement to greet me, ran out my front door one night when I came home.  It was dark, and he's black so I didn't see him go by.  Closed the door, realized someone was missing, heard a scuffle outside with a mean neighbor cat and couldn't find my baby.  I still fantasize that someone found him and adopted him.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2012, 03:12:12 PM »

That's weird. Unca Jack was at MY house when I left this morning...
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 05:12:46 PM by Ms_Cellany »
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult);  Rooney, Rascal, Rocket (M)

SleepyKitty

• Quid plura?
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2012, 03:44:09 PM »
The black cat Kitten is snuggling with is the cat I rescued in the same circumstances last year. :) So he knows exactly how it feels to be taken in out of the cold when you're a hungry baby. The black one (Little Brother) absolutely adores the kitten beyond reason.