Author Topic: A story of Halloween kindness.  (Read 3159 times)

snowdragon

A story of Halloween kindness.
« on: November 02, 2012, 09:52:50 PM »
 My niece and nephew have been sick most of this week. So no T-O-Ting for them this year, they were not too bothered by it really, but apparently their neighbors were.  There are only 12 houses on their street and 10 of the neighbors brought treats over for the kids. Including their newest neighbor who backed cookies for them, and brought them to the kid - still warm from the over.
   This is this families first every halloween as they are refugees from Burma and when the mother presented the cookies to my sister she said in broken in English, "The kids are sick, no trick, cookies for them." 
   The kids and their parents were so touched that their neighbors would reverse trick or treat so they didn't miss out. 

NyaChan

Re: A story of Halloween kindness.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 09:54:07 PM »
That is a wonderful story :)

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 10:05:56 PM »
This is indeed a charming and touching Halloween story! 

It sounds like your sister lives in a wonderful, caring, sharing neighborhood.  We should all be so fortunate.

Acadianna

• Remember -- no matter where you go, there you are.
    • My Dragons
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 10:07:20 PM »
What a lovely neighborhood, to have such caring people in it!

littlebird

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 10:10:36 PM »
Thank you for that story! I will carry it around all weekend to make my heart light.

Iris

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 11:55:28 PM »
What a lovely and moving story. They are so lucky to live in such a delightful neighbourhood.
"Can't do anything with children, can you?" the woman said.

Poirot thought you could, but forebore to say so.

Rohanna

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 11:59:26 PM »
Thank you, some of the other threads were leaving me a bit sad about the holiday- it's nice to see some folks have holiday spirit! :)

I hope your niece and nephew are feeling better soon.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. ~ Jack Layton.

Surianne

• Super Hero!
    • Prince ShimmerShine Moondream's Blogging Adventure
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 08:49:43 AM »
Aww, how awesome of the neighbours!  Great story.   

weeblewobble

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 09:32:57 AM »
That's so sweet!

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2012, 10:21:56 AM »
Best. Neighborhood. Ever.  That is truly amazing!

O'Dell

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2012, 12:22:20 PM »
Awww...that's so sweet!
Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.
Walt Whitman

yokozbornak

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2012, 01:34:21 PM »
That's so sweet!

gingerzing

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 05:29:49 PM »
My niece and nephew have been sick most of this week. So no T-O-Ting for them this year, they were not too bothered by it really, but apparently their neighbors were.  There are only 12 houses on their street and 10 of the neighbors brought treats over for the kids. Including their newest neighbor who backed cookies for them, and brought them to the kid - still warm from the over.
   This is this families first every halloween as they are refugees from Burma and when the mother presented the cookies to my sister she said in broken in English, "The kids are sick, no trick, cookies for them." 
   The kids and their parents were so touched that their neighbors would reverse trick or treat so they didn't miss out.

Best story ever. 
I love the bolded so much.

And for the record, it is a bit of dust that made my eyes well up. ... that is my story.

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2012, 10:23:35 AM »

Best story ever. 

And for the record, it is a bit of dust that made my eyes well up. ... that is my story.
weird, i got the same dust in my eyes...

beautiful story!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2012, 11:10:14 AM »

Best story ever. 

It's awfully dusty over here, too.

It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem