General Etiquette > All In A Day's Work

lunch time etiquette

<< < (2/4) > >>

quiescent:
I had not thought maybe they think I'd just go with them without them asking. Some of them take bag lunch like I do I think mainly they go just to the cafeteria where you can buy or take your own food. They did all go once to a restaurant place and when they were organizing I asked when they would go but nobody said when because they hadn't picked a day. I thought maybe they would tell me after but they didn't. I see how it would be easy to accidentally exclude new people if your group has been friends and working together a long time.

Zilla:
Are you particularly close to one of them?  I would ask that person if you can go with them to lunch next time quietly.  So he or she can invite you or ask the others.

SoCalVal:
Happens all the time in my section of the office, but I know if I express interest in joining them, it won't be a problem. You might just need to start a dialogue with them about lunch. I always bring mine and always eat at my desk so they almost never ask me if I want to order with them or eat with them.

quiescent:
Yes theres two I definately talk to more than the others.

Hmm... i do keep my lunch bag on my desk out of convenience, so maybe that looks like I just intend to stay and eat there, which I do (i mean I eat at my desk every day.)

JenJay:

--- Quote from: quiescent on November 03, 2012, 02:03:25 PM ---Yes theres two I definately talk to more than the others.

Hmm... i do keep my lunch bag on my desk out of convenience, so maybe that looks like I just intend to stay and eat there, which I do (i mean I eat at my desk every day.)

--- End quote ---

I bet that's why. Also, they probably each assume someone else has mentioned where they're going and nobody realizes that none of them have clued you in. Classic case of "Oh no, I thought Bob told you!" and Bob saying "Me? No. I thought Sue told her."

I'd go with the PP suggestion of saying "I don't feel like having the lunch I brought. What are you doing?" to someone you're closer with. Maybe they'll say "We're going to Yummy Place. You should come!"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version