Author Topic: "Places" map on facebook  (Read 4041 times)

Zilla

• Super Hero!
    • Cooking
Re: "Places" map on facebook
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2012, 10:24:26 AM »
In my experience (30 seconds of looking at the page before I decided I didn't care) you can't untag location on pictures.

You can if you're the owner of the pic.  You can't if it's not your album.  All you can do is untag yourself.

Why don't you just untag yourself then?

But in answer to what you actually asked, no I don't believe it is rude to ask her that.

(TBH, I just really, really want to know why China?)

I don't untag myself because they are nice pictures of LK's birthday celebration and being tagged means that family members can see these pictures.

i'll be seeing her in person in abotu 2 weeks.  Maybe I'll ask her in person.

That's not necessarily true.  If she has her security settings as only Friends and not friends of friends, your friends will not be able to see the pictures despite tagging.

As for the places, I think others can put two and two together and surmise you aren't in China.  I wouldn't say anything.

Knitterly

• That other knitting blog
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2012, 10:53:52 AM »
In my experience (30 seconds of looking at the page before I decided I didn't care) you can't untag location on pictures.

You can if you're the owner of the pic.  You can't if it's not your album.  All you can do is untag yourself.

Why don't you just untag yourself then?

But in answer to what you actually asked, no I don't believe it is rude to ask her that.

(TBH, I just really, really want to know why China?)

I don't untag myself because they are nice pictures of LK's birthday celebration and being tagged means that family members can see these pictures.

i'll be seeing her in person in abotu 2 weeks.  Maybe I'll ask her in person.

That's not necessarily true.  If she has her security settings as only Friends and not friends of friends, your friends will not be able to see the pictures despite tagging.

As for the places, I think others can put two and two together and surmise you aren't in China.  I wouldn't say anything.

My friends/family can see them, because a couple folks that are not mutual friends have liked and/or commented on the pics.

It's not so much about other people believing I've been to China as it is just driving me bonkers, because I'm getting this link to this real place showing up on my map.  Honestly, I wish I could just remove the map entirely!  The only reason it even shows up is because I've been tagged in this one location.  I'm not tagged at specific locations in any other album.  I have one place on my map, and that's it. 

Maybe I'm being a bit SS about it.   :-\

Perfect Circle

• Birdie in the hand for life's rich demand
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2012, 11:29:16 AM »
I would find it rather odd if someone asked me about something like this weeks afterwards. I honestly cannot see the big deal. I don't think you are necessarily an SS, but I do think you may be making a big deal out of something very minor.
There's a secret stigma, reaping wheel.
Diminish, a carnival of sorts.
Chronic town, poster torn, reaping wheel.
Stranger, stranger to these parts.

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2012, 12:29:15 PM »
I think it is like an earworm - it has worked its way into your brain and won't stop replaying itself. That being said, you are the only one who can "hear" it so sayong something willcome off as ofd.

thedudeabides

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2012, 05:13:29 PM »
I don't understand why the tagging thing is bothering you.  I mean, everyone who is going to see the pictures knows that the party wasn't actually in China, right?

Snooks

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2012, 07:06:05 PM »
You can hide the map so it doesn't show on your page, would that help?

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2012, 06:50:57 PM »
I think you should just send her a message on Facebook and say, "How weird--those photos are tagged that we're in CHINA! Isn't that strange?  I know it's not important, but it's showing up on my timeline that I went to China. Can you fix it?"

What's the big deal?

Just tell her, and then say, "it's bugging me--silly, I know, in the scheme of things, but would you fix it for me?"

kckgirl

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2012, 07:43:31 PM »
I checked in at church one day, and it showed that I was at [my church name] in Portland, OR. I thought it was strange, considering that I've never been to Portland, and I live in the Mid-Atlantic region, several thousand miles away. Sometimes Facebook is just flaky, or it lists several places with the same name and doesn't show exactly where they're located until you select and post it.
Maryland