Author Topic: Anyone need a new kitten?  (Read 1746 times)

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
  • Is it Spring yet?
Anyone need a new kitten?
« on: November 10, 2012, 01:14:36 AM »
Does anyone in the Baltimore region have a driving need for a new kitten?

There is one in my bathroom at the moment squalling his/her head off, and we have enough on our hands with Willow.

DH went out to get another load of logs for the fire and heard him crying.  He'd gotten into the woodshed, fallen down between two logs, and got stuck.  So there we were out there in the dark and the wind with a flashlight, hauling out chunks of firewood and pitching them out into the yard while he hollered at 130 decibels.  Finally got to the point where we could reach the logs waaaaaaaaay in the back; as soon as I removed the top two chunks his little head popped up. 

I took him around to the neighbors, but he doesn't belong to any of them.  One of them thinks he may be from a feral litter she's been feeding, but this kitten doesn't act feral.  He's a bit hand-shy, but after I fed him he was rubbing my ankles and purring.  He's 10-12 weeks old, so well old enough for a feral mother to have taught him to stay away from people.

I'll put up a found sign and a notice in the paper, in case someone has lost him, but I'd like to have a new home lined up for him.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I don't go crazy.  I AM crazy.  I sometimes go normal. 
Please make a note of this for future reference.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
Re: Anyone need a new kitten?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 02:32:39 AM »
Oh dear...No no no , no new kittens

*must not give in*

I'll ask around and let you know in a PM
My Photography Gallery
http://www.ctartisticphotos.com/

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 07:10:17 AM »
I would love one but I'm not allowed pets and am in NJ.  Can we see pictures?

Luci45

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 07:47:08 AM »
I predict that you will keep the kitten and will not name it Sandy or Stormy despite pressure to do so.

I also predict that you will post pictures.

Amalthea

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 07:50:35 AM »
Me.  I need a kitten.  Alas, I'm in Japan and not allowed pets though.

MorgnsGrl

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 07:59:42 AM »
Thank you for rescuing him! He doesn't sound feral to me, either. Hope you can find someone to take him!

kckgirl

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 08:15:33 AM »
Do you know if he's litter box trained? That might be a good "selling point" for someone considering adopting him. Thank you for taking care of him. I'm sure you're a good foster mom.
Maryland

joraemi

• Crystal of Enchantment - my current project
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 09:44:23 AM »
I definitely think pictures are in order in case his owner should happen to be an e-hellion and would recognize him.  ;D

Courage is the price life  exacts for granting peace.  ~Amelia Earhart~

SleepyKitty

• Quid plura?
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2012, 09:47:16 AM »
I'm close to re-homing my own stray. :) So no more for me (not that I'm in your area) but I'm sending you good luck vibes and hope the little guy find a good home soon! I had a lot of luck by spamming FB with kitten pictures until someone broke and couldn't stand the cuteness anymore and adopted him. You could try that!

sevenday

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2012, 11:32:46 AM »
Definitely pictures. You never know, maybe it belongs to an eHellion and you can be part of one of those magical reunion stories!

... okay so I just need a kitten fix, sue me. 

I live in Washington, so unless you also live in this wet state, can't help ya there.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2012, 01:10:17 PM »
Woody is a nice name.
Current foster kittens: Friday (F: green collar), Duffy (M: blue), Fez (M: orange), Kipling (M: pink), Thirteen (F: yellow).

SleepyKitty

• Quid plura?
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2012, 01:50:20 PM »

Daffydilly

• Live;) Laugh;( Pretend you're sane :-}
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2012, 10:10:46 PM »
Woody, Woodrow, Woodunder, Logpile, Logger or Firewood would be awesome names...

Ahem, I cannot resist.
How much wood would a woodchucker chuck to find a kitten? That is if the woodchucker could chuck the wood.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2012, 10:31:23 PM »
Definitely pictures. You never know, maybe it belongs to an eHellion and you can be part of one of those magical reunion stories!

I live in Washington, so unless you also live in this wet state, can't help ya there.

I second this, the only thing is that i am in Ohio. But I would like to see the little baby!

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2012, 12:01:09 AM »

I second this, the only thing is that i am in Ohio. But I would like to see the little baby!

I'll be visiting Maryland for Thanksgiving and returning to Ohio!  Kitten transport!  :)  Okay, so my husband, aka cat-hater, would probably not like this idea.  But I bet my kids would be thrilled.