Author Topic: Need some help with a difficult meeting  (Read 3815 times)

POF

Re: Need some help with a difficult meeting
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2012, 11:33:11 AM »
and say it very nicely .... but firm.  Maybe add a little shake of my head to indicate /// poor thing doesn't know how to act //

I hope I am not provoked to say well bless your little heart - you have ANOTHER idea to share.  Sorry - bad POF is coming through.

Morticia

• Stepmonster's Travels
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2012, 11:45:10 AM »
You might want to be careful rehearsing that line. I can picture you practising it so well you say "I'm going to interrupt you, Monkey" instead of using her name...
Now our mom says she's changed her mind about the devil's brood, they may be evil so she thinks, but at least they're never rude...
                                        -- Big Rude Jake

My travel blog: http://www.stepmonster.ca

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2012, 12:02:48 PM »
You might want to be careful rehearsing that line. I can picture you practising it so well you say "I'm going to interrupt you, Monkey" instead of using her name...

Oh, my goodness!!
 :D :D

Yes, do be careful!!! (sorry, I'll avoid it, just for my *own* piece of mind)
Hope I didn't contribute to a big problem.

Peregrine

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2012, 03:33:07 PM »
May I second one of the other poster's suggestions of an egg timer  ;D  I belong to a couple of organizations that can have rather long winded business meetings, and if things aren't kept on track the sweet little vague ladies that run those committees can have us so off track that we run hours overtime.

We do our business meeting reminders and minutes via email, so its an easy matter to slip in a notification that each committee will get 2, 10 min. etc for their reports, with additional details via email.  It really gets everyone to focus on the crucial issues during reports, and keeps the meeting running at a brisk clip.  The organization that I belong to that employs this tactic most often will have a guest speaker after our business meeting, so we need to keep things moving.

The egg timer was introduced during my family member's tenure as president of the statewide organization and was such an aid to keeping the meetings to a reasonable length that the idea has been carried on by other presidents.