Author Topic: Which pencil to use?  (Read 1242 times)

EMuir

Re: Which pencil to use?
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2012, 06:46:31 PM »
Yes, definitely get a B, 2B or 3B.  You can also get those in click pencil leads. They do need sharpening more often (or will use up more quickly) but they give a good dark line.

Do erasable ink pens still exist? Those might be another option.

bonyk

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2012, 07:14:08 PM »
I have found Bic with Comfort Grip mechanical pencils to work nicely.  They seem to have better leds.  Other brands squeak and write too light.  These are just perfect, IMO.

ebrochu

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2012, 07:42:45 PM »
For those that want an erasable pen, there's one brand out called Frixion pens

They're erasable through the "friction" (otherwise, heat) and the ink comes back through cold.

I've used them on newsprint, and they don't rip the paper, smudge, or anything negative. It's just blank space again.

You don't need to erase for a long time, just a few good rubbings is enough. It's almost magical to watch!

EmmaJ.

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2012, 10:43:34 PM »
Julian beat me to it  :).  The hard lead (#1) pencils last longer but write pale, the softer leads (#3) lose their point quickly but are very black.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2012, 02:35:12 AM »
Thanks everyone for all the information.  I did manage to find some number 2 pencils that are made in Mexico today and will be trying them.  They are paper-mate brand.  I also will dig out my mechanical pencils and the leads I have for those. 
I did think about drawing pencils.  I was so surprised to have them tell me at the store that the number 1 was softer than he 2, because I thought they got softer as the numbers got larger and think I might have a number 4 around here someplace in all my art stuff. 
I think the book, Games, has whiter paper.  I hate the yellowish paper the other magazines use. 
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.