Author Topic: You know you've spent too much time on Ehell when...  (Read 1964 times)

Iris

You know you've spent too much time on Ehell when...
« on: November 11, 2012, 03:37:40 PM »
This Saturday was a miserable day so I had a bit of an Ehell festival. Lovely, but on Sunday when I was at Local Hardware Store with DH I saw a box of tiles labelled "Iris" and came *this close* to saying "Hey, look, my name!"

Um, no. No, it's not. My name IRL is nothing like Iris...

So I wondered what incidents other Ehellions have had like this. Have you had a moment where you thought "Oops. Too much time on Ehell lately..."?
"Can't do anything with children, can you?" the woman said.

Poirot thought you could, but forebore to say so.

Hopefull

Re: You know you've spent too much time on Ehell when...
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 03:47:02 PM »
I totally know what you mean!!!

I know I have been on ehell too long when I witness someone being rude, or a special snowflake and think that I HAVE to post it on ehell and see what they all think!!!
“I felt this thrill going up my leg!”

Adelaide

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 03:51:00 PM »
One time I a girl asked me an awkward question and I replied with (literally) "Bean dip?" In my defense I was tired at the time.  ::)

magician5

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 05:56:16 PM »
In "bean dip", I think e-hell has invented an entirely useful new idea.

But I now tend to break down into uncontrollable snickers (which I try in embarrasement to suppress) on many occasions when I hear the word "scrabble."
There is no 'way to peace.' Peace is the way.

happygrrl

• Happy Girlie OI OI OI
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 06:17:21 PM »
^Exactly! I giggle when I hear the word "scrabble" anymore. 

"I am the laziest person on Earth. I want to learn to photosynthesize so I can buy a sun lamp and survive without getting out of bed."  M-theory 11/23/10

EMuir

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 06:47:26 PM »
I've used the euphemism "playing Scrabble" with friends and then had to explain it. :P

RegionMom

• Super Hero!
  • ♪♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫ ♪ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 07:00:38 PM »
I said, "don't engage the crazy" when some one was sharing about a truly crazy event/person, and then I looked at them to see if they recognized the phrase from e-hell.  Nope! 
Whew, safe!

Fear is temporary...Regret is forever.

QueenofAllThings

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 07:47:04 PM »
Naturally, Hurricane Sandy has given me pause, as everyone is telling me that their family passed the time playing Scrabble ... And their kids 'rediscovered' Scrabble ....

LifeOnPluto

• Super Hero!
    • Blog
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2012, 09:10:26 PM »
I totally know what you mean!!!

I know I have been on ehell too long when I witness someone being rude, or a special snowflake and think that I HAVE to post it on ehell and see what they all think!!!

POD. I often get excited when I encounter a rude situation, because I can post about it on eHell!

And I've very nearly said "POD" in real life, when I've agreed with someone.

CakeEater

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2012, 10:36:36 PM »
When I tell Ehell stories to my husband, instead of actual things that happened to me that day.

Kendo_Bunny

• I'm inquisitive!
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2012, 10:42:02 PM »

But I now tend to break down into uncontrollable snickers (which I try in embarrasement to suppress) on many occasions when I hear the word "scrabble."

You all think you've got it tough? My beau is a championship Scrabble player! When he first told me it was his hobby, and his goal in life was to play in the national championship, my eyebrows shot up into my hair.

Iris

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 12:12:13 AM »
When I tell Ehell stories to my husband, instead of actual things that happened to me that day.

Oh dear, I do that all the time. DH looks forward to the stories now...

You all think you've got it tough? My beau is a championship Scrabble player! When he first told me it was his hobby, and his goal in life was to play in the national championship, my eyebrows shot up into my hair.

Bahahahahaha
"Can't do anything with children, can you?" the woman said.

Poirot thought you could, but forebore to say so.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2012, 01:12:10 AM »
Any time I see a double capital S I try to figure out how it is a special snowflake...then I try to twist so I can make it a special snowflake just so I can tell E-Hell how I spend my time thinking about E-Hell all day long.

Sometimes I worry that if I mention my dogs someone from E-Hell will recognize me...
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2012, 02:39:58 AM »
Almost every time we go someplace I notice something and say, "I'm going to report this to EHell!"  I never do, though. 
The other thing I always say is, "Where are the police when you need them!"  Boy, people are lousy drivers!
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

laud_shy_girl

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2012, 04:04:00 AM »
I nearly pod some one on FB but I realized they would have no idea what I was talking about.
“For too long, we've assumed that there is a single template for human nature, which is why we diagnose most deviations as disorders. But the reality is that there are many different kinds of minds. And that's a very good thing.” - Jonah Lehrer