Author Topic: Thanks for the set-up!  (Read 1675 times)

greencat

Thanks for the set-up!
« on: November 11, 2012, 09:26:27 PM »
I work in a hotel restaurant.  The hotel provides employee meals (one per shift - made to order, basically the equivalent of getting paid an extra $10).  One of the maintenance crew was sent from the break room to ask us for salt, and he started to take one of our our precious and few salt shakers, my coworker headed him off and gave him an industrial sized salt container, and then they started horsing around with the salt.

I got to say to the maintenance guy "You just committed a-salt!" after he threatened to sprinkle my coworker with it  >:D 

Bijou

• Super Hero!
Re: Thanks for the set-up!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 10:43:51 AM »
Why don't they have enough salt shakers? ???
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 10:47:32 AM »
Just kidding with the 2nd post... >:D

I love it when someone sets themselves up (in a harmless way).  Especially if it's someone I can make a snide come-back to...otherwise I have to wait until I'm, alone to say it! >:D >:D
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

greencat

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 06:38:42 PM »
The employee break room is like a black hole for salt shakers.  I'm not sure where they go after that...they should either stay in there or go back to the kitchen, but inevitably, they just vanish.  Actually, the whole hotel is like that...it weirdly only affects the salt shakers, not the ones that have pepper in them, although they are identical in every way but the contents.

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 03:56:14 PM »
The employee break room is like a black hole for salt shakers.  I'm not sure where they go after that...they should either stay in there or go back to the kitchen, but inevitably, they just vanish.  Actually, the whole hotel is like that...it weirdly only affects the salt shakers, not the ones that have pepper in them, although they are identical in every way but the contents.

Fair Folk Special Ops teams.

They have to eleminate the salt so they can attack your hotel, but you keep getting more salt shakers so they just have to keep stealing them.

It the only theory that makes any sense.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 11:19:14 AM »
Years ago, a friend had an irresistible set up. 

She was working with people from the Education department to produce an Ancient Egyptian-themed ABC book.  There was a problem finding something in the museum collection to represent the letter 'U'. 

Friend suggested a canopic jar to be called an 'Urn'.  That led to the question, 'What's an Egyptian urn?'

Friend couldn't resist saying, 'About seven dollars a day'. 

lilfox

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 01:18:41 PM »
I just had my annual performance evaluation with my new manager.  One of the mandatory review items is on "communications", as in listening skills and ability to convey information effectively, that sort of thing.  So my manager is reading the description aloud and gets to the "is a good listener" part and he asks me, "Do you consider yourself a good listener?"

I said, "Well, I've never heard any complaints"

<rimshot>

Tierrainney

• Where the swans winter
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 11:52:38 PM »
My husband gave me a great set up once when we were a a zoo. He knows I love animals and collect useless trivia. So when we were standing at the flamingo exhibit,, he turned to me and asked:

Him: why do flamingos stand on one leg?

Me: Because if they lifted up the other one they'd fall over!

I couldn't believe he was serious and had never heard that old joke. He just stared at me as if I had suddenly grown another head while I was laughing.
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

whiskeytangofoxtrot

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 12:44:45 PM »
I have a wiseguy coworker and longtime friend who sees setups in everything- it's a challenge to say anything around him that he can't turn into a punchline! One day, I'd just moisturized my hands with a bit of baby lotion when my officemate entered with Wiseguy in tow. Officemate paused, and with a puzzled look, asked, "Why do I smell baby butts?", to which Wiseguy quipped, "I dunno- character flaw?"