Author Topic: You know you've spent too much time on Ehell when...  (Read 2093 times)

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
Re: You know you've spent too much time on Ehell when...
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2012, 07:34:45 AM »
I was in a grocery store one day an saw Cheeze Its on the shelf. Scrabble Cheeze Its, specifically. I saw those and was immediately shocked...what were they thinking?
 ::)

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

BarensMom

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2012, 10:30:24 AM »
When I refer to someone (usually Baren) as a special snowflake. 

When I start panicking because the Special Snowflakes thread isn't on the first page of Coffee Break.

SpikeMichigan

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2012, 11:25:13 AM »

New here, but been lurking a while.

Though the phrase 'cut direct' and its variations are not an EHELL thing, I find the phrase is not of common use, and got some confused reactions when I mentioned it.

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2012, 11:49:09 AM »
...my DH asks me a question which I don't quite catch because my face is hidden behind the computer. I reply "What? I missed that?" and and he follows it up with "On EHell, I take it?" Happens All. The. Time.

...you refer to annoying people as "special snowflakes" in real life and feel guilty when someone says "Oh that's clever! I'll have to remember that." I didn't invent the phrase but I don't want anyone following me back here so I can't exactly explain where I heard it. I usually say something like "I know, cute, right? I heard it somewhere..."

...references to the board game scrabble make you crack up.

...my dreams of weird things happening now include endings where I go on EHell and post about them!

...someone ticks you off but instead of letting it ruin your day you think to yourself "That's fine. Go ahead and be a jerk. You are SO going in the SS/brain hurt/boycott folder!!"  ;D

MissRose

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2012, 12:17:35 PM »
I refer to people as Special Snowflakes no matter if they can hear me or not especially if they are doing something that warrants it!

Elisabunny

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2012, 12:55:36 PM »
...my DH asks me a question which I don't quite catch because my face is hidden behind the computer. I reply "What? I missed that?" and and he follows it up with "On EHell, I take it?" Happens All. The. Time.

...you refer to annoying people as "special snowflakes" in real life and feel guilty when someone says "Oh that's clever! I'll have to remember that." I didn't invent the phrase but I don't want anyone following me back here so I can't exactly explain where I heard it. I usually say something like "I know, cute, right? I heard it somewhere..."

...references to the board game scrabble make you crack up.

...my dreams of weird things happening now include endings where I go on EHell and post about them!

...someone ticks you off but instead of letting it ruin your day you think to yourself "That's fine. Go ahead and be a jerk. You are SO going in the SS/brain hurt/boycott folder!!"  ;D

This, so much.  E-hell is good for one's blood pressure! :)
You must remember this: a ghoti is still a fish...

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2012, 01:23:08 PM »

This, so much.  E-hell is good for one's blood pressure! :)

Exactly!

We attended a wedding where everything that could go wrong did go wrong. They were finally beginning the ceremony and my cousin murmured, "And so sinks the Titanic." I of course asked her if she is on eHell. She had no idea what I was talking about.

Most things I use in real life, like 'special snowflake' or 'don't engage the crazy' make sense to everyone. It's mostly 'bean dip' and 'POD' (which I don't use anyway) that I have to watch out for. Long over the 'Scrabble' thing. I got a political email that had 'scrabble' in the title and didn't flinch.

whiskeytangofoxtrot

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2012, 01:25:31 PM »
I refer to people as special snowflakes all the time. I doubt that anyone I'm talking with reads EHell, but I've never had anyone who acted like they didn't understand. I guess it's just self-explanatory! ;D
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 10:47:24 AM by whiskeytangofoxtrot »

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2012, 02:15:58 PM »
I refer to people as special snowflakes all the time. I doubt anyone I'm talking with reads EHell, but I've enver had anyone who acted like they didn't understand. I guess it's just self-explanatory! ;D

It is also not an EHell invention, which probably helps. Neither is the Scrabble euphemism, for that matter.

When I tell Ehell stories to my husband, instead of actual things that happened to me that day.

Hee hee hee :) Glad i am not the only one.
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2012, 03:01:54 PM »
I get the, "Oh, E-Hell again?" thing all the time, too. Most of the time he's right :-[
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2012, 03:36:47 PM »
Ditto about POD

I have also used the phrase "slap them with beandip" outloud.

Lather, rinse, repeat has become a phrase I've used a lot recently.

laud_shy_girl

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2012, 05:55:39 PM »
My BFF has a few issues with her MIL and I find myself saying "Just say No. No is a complete sentence" all the time.

I also find myself wishing there was an app so when I have insomnia I can check EH for updates on my favorite threads.

We should start another thread called EHA, My name is laud_shy_girl and I am an EHell Addict.
“For too long, we've assumed that there is a single template for human nature, which is why we diagnose most deviations as disorders. But the reality is that there are many different kinds of minds. And that's a very good thing.” - Jonah Lehrer

Ygraine

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2012, 06:49:48 AM »
...when a close friend came over to the house and announced he was up for playing three-way Scrabble.  I splurfed my drink all over the table. 

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2012, 06:50:56 AM »
...when a close friend came over to the house and announced he was up for playing three-way Scrabble.  I splurfed my drink all over the table.

;D