Author Topic: Help! Thanksgiving guests-inviting-guests conundrum  (Read 3750 times)

Deetee

• Super Hero!
Re: Help! Thanksgiving guests-inviting-guests conundrum
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 02:13:30 PM »
My apologies, DeeTee.  I DID misread that.  Gotta blame reading on a phone.  I thought you were implying those who didn't invite orphans were less gracious when they had room to do so.

Thanks!

I'm glad that was clear on re-read.

To expand a bit, I often feel that a lot of bother and hurt feelings and angst could be solved if people would offer the the hospitality that they want to and feel free to say "No" to anything that they don't want.

A lot of issues seem to arise from grudging hospitality and grudging acceptance of hospitality that would be avoided if people would say "No-Thank-you" to an invitation.

This is going seriously off topic, but I don't even think that a "Come to my party, bring your own meat and a sidedish and $10 for my new ipad and chairs and tables and can I have the party at your house" is really a terrible invitation. I would say "No" and possibly end the friendship because the person  is a waste of my time, but that would be useful information.

sparksals

• Super Hero!
Re: Help! Thanksgiving guests-inviting-guests conundrum
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 02:33:48 PM »
I was surprised b/c I normally agree with you!  lol

It does cause problems.  No is a two letter word, a complete sentence, but so many people have trouble using it.