Author Topic: Gift idea - honest feedback welcomed  (Read 2505 times)

White Lotus

Re: Gift idea - honest feedback welcomed
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2012, 07:15:56 PM »
I recently got a lap desk, and like it very much.  It doesn't work for painting, but for drawing or using a laptop computer, it is great.  Keeping it light is a priority and I like the personalizing idea, too, but I would tend to go with major room decorating/accent color, at least for me.  I have mine stashed near my usual chair and would prefer it coordinate with the chair or room than be a fabric of artists' palettes or something.  But maybe others would disagree.  Good for needlework, too.  Beading, jewelry making.  I think this is a great idea.

kudeebee

Re: Gift idea - honest feedback welcomed
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2012, 08:41:44 PM »
I will be the voice of dissent.  I think it is great for the 17 yr old since he specifically requested one. 

However for the others, I am not so sure.  I have one, but was very picky about the style as I wanted to be sure it would be comfy for me.  I didn't care for the ones with the board and soft pillow underneath.  It could be the same for those on your list. 

I would make their favorite baked item, the cookies in a vase for the women, and then find another item just for each of them.