Author Topic: Seriously ???????????????????????????????????????  (Read 4300 times)

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
Re: Seriously ???????????????????????????????????????
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2012, 06:33:37 PM »
Ok so the flabber is gusted and the gob is smacked

Seriously!!!!!!!!

dirtyweasel

• Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2012, 07:13:49 PM »
What's the question? You know this is out of line and it sounds like you've got it handled.

There doesn't need to be a question, this is the Coffee Break Folder.

Two Ravens

• One for sorrow, Two for mirth...
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2012, 07:19:45 PM »
What's the question? You know this is out of line and it sounds like you've got it handled.

There doesn't need to be a question, this is the Coffee Break Folder.

Well, with all those question marks, you can't blame us for wondering.  ;)

Phoebelion

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2012, 08:24:42 PM »
IC, I feel your pain.  Not about the shower.  My boss knows none of the employees - except management - would come.

I do know about the checks tho.  So far this year, the company has bought  a 2012 Hum2 for his 16 year old newly licensed daughter, a 2012 Camero for his 20 year old son, a trip for his family of 5 to Argentina, sent him and his son to climb Mt Everest,  bought his Mom a condo, and put a full size basketball court in our building that employees are not allowed to utilize.  Aren't  we nice employees? 

I keep asking when we're going to get the lunchroom we were promised.  And how about a table for the phone in the lobby instead of 3 cardboard boxes stacked up?  I am not making this up.  If I knew how to post pics here I would. 

Thank goodness the retirement light is getting larger by the day.  Hope the company is solvent that long.

Nox

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2012, 08:42:01 PM »
I can only assume this is not a publicly held company. How would he explain stuff like that to his stockholders?

I do hope the company is solvent long enough for you to retire.

Kaypeep

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2012, 08:58:10 PM »
I hereby retract my suggestion to consider baking a cake after the baby is born.  In fact, don't even buy a card.  Send a free e-card instead!

I'm flabbergasted, but not really.  Part of why I love this site is reading stories like this and finding out that people like this really exist.  LOL

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2012, 09:09:21 PM »
Do you have a feeling it's a gift grab or do they just want a party to celebrate their first child together and don't really expect extravagant gifts? 

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2012, 09:36:56 AM »
11/15/12
Boss just came by to see if I could come, he looked disapointed when I told him that I couldnot make it.

He just had me make out a check for $10,000 because his wife just spent $7,000 on stuff for the new baby.
(from the company account --- remember he is an owner of the company)

IC

I hate knowing things like this!  I keep books for several small companies and the things they spend company money on is flabbergasting...then they expect me to "hide" it somewhere, that's not how I roll.   

I post the expenses as owner draws so I am not misrepresenting anything.  Every year one owners asks why his personal taxes are so much - because I cannot ethically or legally post your ridiculous pet expenses as a company expense, nor your jewelry purchases for your wife and certainly not the repeated use of the debit card at the nail salon!

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2012, 12:21:51 PM »
New baby christmas ornament??

icfrugal2

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2012, 01:34:23 PM »
IC, I feel your pain.  Not about the shower.  My boss knows none of the employees - except management - would come.

I do know about the checks tho.  So far this year, the company has bought  a 2012 Hum2 for his 16 year old newly licensed daughter, a 2012 Camero for his 20 year old son, a trip for his family of 5 to Argentina, sent him and his son to climb Mt Everest,  bought his Mom a condo, and put a full size basketball court in our building that employees are not allowed to utilize.  Aren't  we nice employees? 

I keep asking when we're going to get the lunchroom we were promised.  And how about a table for the phone in the lobby instead of 3 cardboard boxes stacked up?  I am not making this up.  If I knew how to post pics here I would. 

Thank goodness the retirement light is getting larger by the day.  Hope the company is solvent that long.

11/16/12

Yes, you get the picture wives and kids and mothers on the payroll making about what I make. (only come in for the checks or in some cases I mail the payroll checks out.)

Cars, trips, goodies etc.

Most months the AMEX bill is more then I make in a year. This is for both owners of the business.

IC

icfrugal2

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2012, 01:39:42 PM »
I can only assume this is not a publicly held company. How would he explain stuff like that to his stockholders?

If the question is for me there is no retirement, no medical benefits etc. In fairness I did know that going in.

And no Obama care won't come into play we don't have enough employees.

My DH and I buy our medical privately this year $1,496.00 a month next year, 2013, $1644.00 a month. My DH and I are 62 waiting to be 65 for Medicare.

IC   

icfrugal2

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2012, 01:47:15 PM »
11/15/12
Boss just came by to see if I could come, he looked disapointed when I told him that I couldnot make it.

He just had me make out a check for $10,000 because his wife just spent $7,000 on stuff for the new baby.
(from the company account --- remember he is an owner of the company)

IC

I hate knowing things like this!  I keep books for several small companies and the things they spend company money on is flabbergasting...then they expect me to "hide" it somewhere, that's not how I roll.   

I post the expenses as owner draws so I am not misrepresenting anything.  Every year one owners asks why his personal taxes are so much - because I cannot ethically or legally post your ridiculous pet expenses as a company expense, nor your jewelry purchases for your wife and certainly not the repeated use of the debit card at the nail salon!

That is too funny the bosses keep complaining about their taxes I wish that I could tell them to give out raises, I'll pay the taxes. Believe me I will never hit the $250,000.

They have an accountant to do their taxes so not my problem, but I do "code" the AMEX bill and give it to the accountant. But I make no decisions.

IC

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2012, 07:00:30 PM »
I can't figure out how to phrase my reaction in a way that is appropriate for an etiquette forum so I'll just reiterate that I would not buy a gift. And I wouldn't lose a moment's peace over it.

Pippen

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2012, 07:34:12 PM »

If the question is for me there is no retirement, no medical benefits etc. In fairness I did know that going in.

And no Obama care won't come into play we don't have enough employees.

My DH and I buy our medical privately this year $1,496.00 a month next year, 2013, $1644.00 a month. My DH and I are 62 waiting to be 65 for Medicare.

IC   

Sorry to be so ignorant, but is that insurance? That seems like an awful lot of money just for insurance. I had an employee from the US a few years back and she told me how much she was paying and I nearly fell over and it wasn't even anywhere close to that expensive. If I was paying that much I would be down at the hospital every second day making sure I got my moneys worth out of them.

icfrugal2

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2012, 01:14:07 PM »
Yes that is for our medical ins. I know that it is a lot believe me.  >:(

Mine went up 11% and my DH's went up 9% we don't dare be without.

we are waiting for 2015 when we turn 65 for medicare and hopefully our medical ins will be lower.

IC