Author Topic: When plus one turns into plus three  (Read 5760 times)

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
Re: When plus one turns into plus three
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2012, 09:43:23 AM »
I agree, too.  Plus, with a boyfriend of one month, who knows if she will still be dating this guy by the time the wedding rolls around.

Excellent point. You don't want to invite them, have her break up and then want to bring a new BF PLUS them!

We've got snakes in a restaurant, folks! *g*
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2012, 10:18:52 AM »
I agree; Laura is under no obligation whatever to invite these children. 

I really wonder at the reality check Nelly must require to think that it is even remotely appropriate to expect this when she's only been dating the father for a month.  Especially considering her track record. Ten dollars says that she breaks up with him before the actual invitations go out.

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2012, 10:30:54 AM »
I agree; Laura is under no obligation whatever to invite these children. 

I really wonder at the reality check Nelly must require to think that it is even remotely appropriate to expect this when she's only been dating the father for a month.  Especially considering her track record. Ten dollars says that she breaks up with him before the actual invitations go out.
... I'll see your ten, and raise you 20 that she will then want to bring her new[er] BF (with his children...)

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2012, 10:41:01 AM »
Oh, yes, and I am wondering what the rule is about that.  What happens if a +1 becomes a different +1 by the time the invitation is printed and sent?

I can't decide whether Nelly is presumptuous or merely clueless.

mechtilde

• Super Hero!
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2012, 10:50:00 AM »
If it really is Nelly and Guest, then she can bring anyone- which can be either a really good or a really bad thing... it depends on the individuals involved.
NE England

Ceallach

• This Is It
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2012, 07:40:30 PM »
Oh, yes, and I am wondering what the rule is about that.  What happens if a +1 becomes a different +1 by the time the invitation is printed and sent?

I can't decide whether Nelly is presumptuous or merely clueless.

If it's a generic "plus 1" then the guest is entitled to bring whom they please, so in theory could "substitute" whomever they are dating when they receive the invitation.

The host would be foolish to assume that they know who the "plus 1" would be - if they wish it to be a specific partner or similar then that person should be invited individually or named on the invitation, not just listed as "plus 1".   Or just not give a plus 1 at all if they think the person's dating life is too erratic and are concerned about who it might end up being!
"Nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something"