Author Topic: Horrific Mortified Embarrassment  (Read 5158 times)

jmarvellous

Re: Horrific Mortified Embarrassment
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2012, 05:42:27 PM »
I really feel for you because it's crummy to do this regardless of the circumstances. Maybe I am just unhumanly clumsy, but I do think it's helpful to keep in mind that this kind of thing happens ALL the time to even the most conscientious among us, and hopefully you won't dwell on it or feel excessively bad.

I also highly doubt they'll be rebuilding the theater anytime soon, but I hope that won't keep you from going back. The theaters with beverage or food ledges around here tend to have a 2- or 3-inch lip at the outer edge. Much more noticeable and effective -- though the lack of an inner lip means you can still spill on yourself. Adding a higher lip seems like a good solution.

Surianne

• Super Hero!
    • Prince ShimmerShine Moondream's Blogging Adventure
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2012, 10:15:57 PM »
Sparksals,

thanks for the photo, but now I keep looking at the guy who sprouted pale alien ear wings!  lol

Hah!  Yes, I did a double take on that photo.  ;D

I still don't get the table situation (blame my poor spatial picturing skills) but if it is a hazard, I think it's worth reporting to management. 

Captain Hastings

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2012, 01:04:53 PM »
I think you went above and beyond, and you should give yourself permission to not feel so mortified (I know, I know, it's hard.)

I'm pretty sure in these situations the spiller is WAY more affected than the spillee. For instance, when I was a child I was at a restaurant and a waitress dumped an entire tray of cold (COLD!) iced tea all over my head. In the moment it was shocking (COLD!!!) but I wasn't hurt or anything. I laughed it off, then later heard that the poor waitress went back to the kitchen and cried. I felt much worse for her than I felt for me.  :P