Author Topic: Adopting 2 feral kittens (possibly today!) NEW PIC #133!  (Read 10648 times)

Shoo

• Super Hero!
Re: Adopting 2 feral kittens (possibly today!)
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2012, 12:51:07 PM »
We have been holding them, snuggling them, kissing them, playing with them, and feeding them as much as humanly possible!  We have subscribed to the Intense Love Method of Socialization for these kitties (TM) and I can't believe how well it's working.  My daughter brought them into my bed last night and we snuggled with them, and I got this picture when they fell asleep:

Do you think they love each other?  :)

And then they stretched out and Sissy Cat reeeeeeaaaaaally got comfortable!  She slept like this for half an hour!

When I went into their room this morning, they were both on the daybed and just looked at me (they didn't run away and hide under the bed).  Such progress!

They had their first vet appointment yesterday, and they both are healthy and doing great.  Of course, we won't know their FIV status until they are a little older (maybe next visit), so I have THAT to worry about in the mean time, but I am determined to be optimistic about it.

Today I am Thankful for sweet baby kitties.

diesel_darlin

Re: Adopting 2 feral kittens (possibly today!) NEW PICS!! P.45
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2012, 01:30:37 PM »
N'awwwwwwwwwwww  ;D

NutellaNut

« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2012, 02:25:54 PM »
So cute!  Sissy Cat must feel pretty comfortable with you all if she slept with her belly exposed like that.  That is real progress!

And now I want kittens....but my three cats would object most strenuously!

furrcats

« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2012, 02:30:35 PM »
We have been holding them, snuggling them, kissing them, playing with them, and feeding them as much as humanly possible!  We have subscribed to the Intense Love Method of Socialization for these kitties (TM) and I can't believe how well it's working.  My daughter brought them into my bed last night and we snuggled with them, and I got this picture when they fell asleep:

And then they stretched out and Sissy Cat reeeeeeaaaaaally got comfortable!  She slept like this for half an hour!
[img width=298 height=400]http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y496/tmitchell99/Sissy%20and%20Tiger/laidout.jpg[/img
When I went into their room this morning, they were both on the daybed and just looked at me (they didn't run away and hide under the bed).  Such progress!

They had their first vet appointment yesterday, and they both are healthy and doing great.  Of course, we won't know their FIV status until they are a little older (maybe next visit), so I have THAT to worry about in the mean time, but I am determined to be optimistic about it

Best picture ever!  :)

wolfie

• I don't know what this is so I am putting random words here
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2012, 08:32:52 PM »

They had their first vet appointment yesterday, and they both are healthy and doing great.  Of course, we won't know their FIV status until they are a little older (maybe next visit), so I have THAT to worry about in the mean time, but I am determined to be optimistic about it.

i have a cat with FIV - it's really not that big of a deal. If they come up positive I would be more then happy to answer any questions. I would say the chances of them having it is pretty low - it only transfers from mother to kitten about 10% of the time. If she is negative then I would be surprised if they were positive. I would still test them though.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2012, 10:04:59 PM »

IMMENSE progress. :) No cat will sleep like that unless it feels totally safe.

But the temptation to snorgle that soft fuzzy white tummy must have been overwhelming! ;)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2012, 10:40:58 PM »
I just came for the pictures and stayed for the story.

Congratulations! and Thank you!

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2012, 11:39:49 PM »
Congratulations; this is a great update and those pictures are priceless!

Jocelyn

« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2012, 06:31:07 PM »
I've done rescues for decades now, and had two cats who did not test positive for FeLeuk or FIV until years after I got them. While both died young from the diseases, neither passed it on to any of the other cats. I really am in favor of letting positive cats live out as much time as Nature allows them.

rain

« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2012, 06:45:06 PM »
more pics please
"oh we thank thee lord for the things we need, like the wind and the rain and the apple seed"

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2012, 06:51:39 PM »
Well, since you asked for it.  :)  (I only have about a million pictures of them!)

Here is Tiger Kitty all relaxed and snoozing.

Venus193

• Super Hero!
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2012, 06:53:25 PM »
Awwww!  Cinderella kitties are always great pets.  She's hit the jackpot and she knows it.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2012, 07:07:20 PM »

**snorglesnorglesnorgle**
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult); Zuul (F); Magpie (M); Balrog (M); Nazgul (F)

Reika

« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2012, 08:07:51 PM »
Well, since you asked for it.  :)  (I only have about a million pictures of them!)

What a happy and adorable kitten. :)

Venus193

• Super Hero!
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2012, 08:41:29 PM »
That should be a greeting card or a calendar photo.