General Etiquette > All In A Day's Work

Office TV

(1/2) > >>

JustCallMePat:
We have a TV with satellite service in our office.   It's kept tuned to one of the all news stations.  In short, if there's a world event occuring that would be one of our information sources.  During the day, people pause as they pass if there's an interesting story on.  I'm first in each morning and turn everything on, always making sure it's tuned to the Conservative Network.  A co-worker in a nearby office keeps changing to the Liberal Network.  I change it... he changes it (and looks very frustrated and annoyed as he does.)  I sometimes place the remote out of sight, not hidden but set out of open view, just to watch him search for it.   >:D   I just can't resist!

Hmmm... gotta find how the parental controls work on that thing!

Sharnita:

--- Quote from: JustCallMePat on November 18, 2012, 08:00:56 PM ---We have a TV with satellite service in our office.   It's kept tuned to one of the all news stations.  In short, if there's a world event occuring that would be one of our information sources.  During the day, people pause as they pass if there's an interesting story on.  I'm first in each morning and turn everything on, always making sure it's tuned to the Conservative Network.  A co-worker in a nearby office keeps changing to the Liberal Network.  I change it... he changes it (and looks very frustrated and annoyed as he does.)  I sometimes place the remote out of sight, not hidden but set out of open view, just to watch him search for it.   >:D   I just can't resist!

Hmmm... gotta find how the parental controls work on that thing!

--- End quote ---

Who owns the tv and who is "in charge"?  Frankly, I think that having it on either conservative or liberal network is asking for workplace strife at some point.  I would try to find a moderate network or leave ti on the weathr channel.

AngelicGamer:
I have an odd question - why do you keep it on a conservative station?  Why not a station where it's just the news?  Or a light music station?  Also, it just seems rude for both of you with what you're doing - him for changing it and you for "hiding" the remote.  This feels like something that calls for office rules before something happens.

Also - POD to Sharnita!

Firecat:
Why not just find a more neutral network that won't annoy either of you too much?

Sharnita:
What you find fun somebody else might find stressful or even hostile.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version