Author Topic: my "invention" - not rocket science but organized  (Read 865 times)

AuntieA

• Anything but your basic traditional auntie
my "invention" - not rocket science but organized
« on: November 20, 2012, 03:25:20 AM »
I always have little bits of paper with notes scribbled on them around my computer. I need to look at said notes, but I hadn't figured out a way to keep them organized/visible but off the desk's surface. My computer workstation has an upper unit attached, that unit has a top shelf and a side partition which holds CDs. I bought some magnetic tape (adhesive on one side, magnetic on the other), trimmed it to fit and placed it along the edge of the top shelf of the workstation. Add some teeny magnets, and voila!

Okay I didn't solve the problem of world peace, but I think it's pretty darned inventive.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

cicero

• Super Hero!
Re: my "invention" - not rocket science but organized
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 10:09:10 AM »
cool! it's the simple things that make life easier!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 04:02:59 PM »
I love magnets.  what a great idea.  We do something similar.  My husband is a keeper of notes as well, and he has one of those industrial black metal shelves near the computer and I discovered that pinning his notes to the front of each shelf (each has  a 3 inch metal piece fronting it) helps a lot.  And if I use the rectangular really strong ones they hold a whole bunch of notes all stacked together.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 05:00:24 PM »

What a great idea. I may try that at my desk at work. Word has it our walls that we can stick push-pins into are being replaced. Go, AuntieA!
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem