General Etiquette > Family and Children

is this *just how it's done*, or is my SIL being over-controlling?

<< < (2/7) > >>

AuntyEm:
I'm thinking that the info about the color scheme is just to tell you she knows the colors of the wedding party.  I've never heard of any rule regarding guest attire other than not wearing the bride's color white and indicating the formality of the wedding (but that is usually dictated by the time of day the wedding is held.) 

Unless you've been asked to be a member of the wedding party (bridesmaid, maid of honor) you should wear something of your own choosing.  A simple cocktail length dress (of any color except white) accessorized with a bit of jewelry or bling and a dressy shoe (any height heel) should work for all but the most formal wedding.

gorplady:
I agree with the previous posters, but I wonder why you felt you had to disguise the colors.

Also, and not related at all, I hope you and yours are safe and sound.

cicero:
thanks everyone.

--- Quote from: guihong on November 20, 2012, 07:24:30 AM --- 

How is SIL related to the bride?  Is she Grandma?

--- End quote ---
mother of the bride.

--- Quote from: gorplady on November 20, 2012, 07:36:54 AM ---I agree with the previous posters, but I wonder why you felt you had to disguise the colors.

--- End quote ---

just in case she or someone related is on the boards.

--- Quote ---Also, and not related at all, I hope you and yours are safe and sound.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, we are...

Giggity:
Why not just use different colors? Why are the cat and the dog involved?

Shopaholic:
I agree that it sounds like she is warning you not to wear those colors, or colors in which you may be mistaken for the wedding party.
When my American cousin was married, I know color coordination was important to his mom for the family photos.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version