General Etiquette > Family and Children

Baby clothes

<< < (2/9) > >>

Jones:

--- Quote from: Flydell North on November 20, 2012, 08:51:25 AM ---She also needs to get a clue about not being entitled to someone else's things.

--- End quote ---

This is true too.

cicero:
teach kara about JADEing. or not JADEing. (Justify, Argue, Defend or Explain)

These are Kara's clothing and she doesn't have to give them to anyone. She can save them, use them, throw them away, give them away, sell them. they belong to her - not to Amber.

She needs to polish her spine and say to amber "no".
Amber : "You won't need the clothes that Baby grows out of. Why won't you give them to me?"
Kara: "no, that won't be possible/sorry, i can't".
"but why???"
Kara: "because I can't"

wellisawstar:

--- Quote from: learningtofly on November 20, 2012, 08:13:37 AM ---"I'm afraid that won't be possible."

I think Amber has no idea how babies grow.  I have a friend whose son was in 12 month clothes when he was 6 months.  My daughter was just into 9 month clothes when she was at 6 months.  Kara's baby will probably be using the 0-3 month clothes when Amber's child is born.  If they're going to be 2 months apart I don't see how it's possible to share clothes.  What if at 2 months Amber's baby needs the 3-6 month size but Kara's 4 month old is still wearing the 3-6 month clothes? 

I think Amber needs to be told that the children are too close in age for this to be possible.

--- End quote ---

This is an excellent point. I'm going to pass this information on to Kara.

Sophia:
I used to have a friend who loaned their baby supplies to her BIL and his wife.  They were very clear that they were trying for another baby, and they'd need the stuff back.  When she was PG with the second, they asked for the stuff back.  "Oh, you wanted that back?  We gave it to friends of ours and they sold it."  So, they had to buy the baby stuff again. 
I would be surprised if I was returned anything from someone that Demanded them in the first place. 

lightning:
I have a 10 month old.  He wears some 9 month clothes, some 12 month, and some 18 month. 

Different brands are differently sized.  If they are only 1-2 months apart, they will mostly likely be in the same size at the same time-- past newborn sized clothes.

And Sophia, I would have been furious!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version