General Etiquette > Family and Children

Leggings as Pants - In School

<< < (22/23) > >>

auntmeegs:

--- Quote from: Hotdish on November 21, 2012, 10:32:42 AM ---
--- Quote from: LadyJaneinMD on November 21, 2012, 10:12:48 AM ---I don't understand this obsession with panty lines.  As my mother used to say, 'At least they know you're wearing them!'    Personally panty lines don't bother me.  When I can tell the style and brand and color of your panties, then the pants are too tight or see-thru.   But if I just see the lines, that's all right.  I don't care.   Same with bra-lines.  Lines happen.
--- End quote ---

If your clothes fit right, lines don't happen.

--- End quote ---

No, thatīs not true at all.  Some pants are meant to be very fitted and curve-hugging and the right fit in them would absolutely show lines if you had on the wrong undergarment.

HorseFreak:

--- Quote from: auntmeegs on November 25, 2012, 09:22:55 PM ---
--- Quote from: Hotdish on November 21, 2012, 10:32:42 AM ---
--- Quote from: LadyJaneinMD on November 21, 2012, 10:12:48 AM ---I don't understand this obsession with panty lines.  As my mother used to say, 'At least they know you're wearing them!'    Personally panty lines don't bother me.  When I can tell the style and brand and color of your panties, then the pants are too tight or see-thru.   But if I just see the lines, that's all right.  I don't care.   Same with bra-lines.  Lines happen.
--- End quote ---

If your clothes fit right, lines don't happen.

--- End quote ---

No, thatīs not true at all.  Some pants are meant to be very fitted and curve-hugging and the right fit in them would absolutely show lines if you had on the wrong undergarment.

--- End quote ---

I agree, I don't think I own a pair of dress pants or khakis that don't show my "regular" Victoria's Secret cotton underwear's lines. They are not in the least bit tight, but the fabric does tend to show the seams around my legs particularly when bending over or squatting down. I get lines even in the "panty line free" underwear (not to mention they're cut to perma-wedgie).

Honestly, I'd rather see panty lines than the anatomy lesson I got when a girl in my Zumba class got up on stage and did a dance involving bending over. She was wearing slinky little shorts and they outlined every little bit of her lady parts 4' in front of my face.

magicdomino:

--- Quote from: blarg314 on November 24, 2012, 09:28:53 PM ---
--- Quote from: Iris on November 23, 2012, 12:57:37 AM ---
Things worn in nightclubs under the age of 25 don't count. Everyone knows that...Don't they?

--- End quote ---

Pictures of things worn in nightclubs when I was 25 are relegated to blurry, badly exposed, film photographs, to occasionally appear to the chagrin of the person wearing it, and intense amusement of their younger relations.

Pictures of things worn by 25 year olds in nightclubs now are put on line, tagged with your real name, and archived by Facebook, and will be accessible in perpetuity via a simple web search by potential employers, blind dates, voters, and mothers in law.

--- End quote ---

Not to mention children and grandchildren.  "What do you mean, I can't wear this outfit.  Look at what you used to wear!"

MissRose:
I would rather see leggings worn with a long shirt, dress or sweater, not with something that barely covers the backside as so many girls do.  I own several pairs of leggings, and mainly wear them under long skirts for warmth or with a short dress that that may cover a few inches past my backside for modesty.  No one has said anything to me in the work place nor in church.

My niece's school, I have no idea what their exact rule is, but many girls in her age range (10-13) like to wear leggings with long shirts or tunics from what I've observed.  I do know that the middle school has rules against tight and revealing clothes, and as long as the backside is decently covered by a skirt, dress or long shirt of some kind with a pair of leggings, I do not take offense. 

RegionMom:
Saw an aged 50ish professional woman wearing tights as pants with a shorter than she realized long sweater/dress.  if only she had had a skirt, the outfit would be cute!  Instead, it was distracting, as she stood in front of chapel...yikes! 
It barely skimmed at her fingers, following the fingertip rule.  It needed tugging each time she moved, but she could not do so in front of people.
Saw her later in the afternoon, and she was more careful in how she bent down to speak to children.

Reminds me that I need to use DD's full length mirror more often...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version