General Etiquette > Family and Children

Leggings as Pants - In School

<< < (2/23) > >>

dawbs:
The fact that the school is obsessing over how young women dress, but only  as it affects the young men sits wrong with me.

yokozbornak:

--- Quote from: Sharnita on November 20, 2012, 08:22:06 AM ---Wearing them as instead of tights with a dress - OK.

Wearing them with a shirt instead of pants - not OK.

--- End quote ---

Exactly!  My oldest DD's elementary school's dress code pretty much states the above. My daughter is a 1st grader so leggings are wonderful when she wants to wear a dress because she can play freely on the playground. 

What's worse is seeing adult women wearing leggings as pants.  Many pairs are just too transparent.  I own a pair that is completely opaque, but I wear it with a sweater dress that hits slightly above the knee.  There is no way I would wear them as pants!

BabyMama:
This is my biggest pet peeve. I've had MANY a talk with DH about how leggings are NOT pants, and that DD needs to have a tunic or skirt over them. And my DD is only 5! Nothing makes me more crazy than seeing revealing panty lines--on a toddler, no less. And I saw a lot of that this weekend when I took DD to the zoo.

HermioneGranger:

--- Quote from: Sharnita on November 20, 2012, 08:22:06 AM ---Wearing them as instead of tights with a dress - OK.

--- End quote ---

I agree.  School is supposed to prepare you for the real world.  Well, in the real world, you can't always dress as you please. 

cicero:

--- End quote ---
I agree - i think wearing them with a dress/tunic/long shirt is fine.

Wearing them *as* pants - to me it looks like you forgot to wear a skirt.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version