General Etiquette > Family and Children

Leggings as Pants - In School

<< < (20/22) > >>

Winterlight:

--- Quote from: Sharnita on November 20, 2012, 07:22:06 AM ---Wearing them as instead of tights with a dress - OK.

Wearing them with a shirt instead of pants - not OK.

--- End quote ---

What she said.

magicdomino:

--- Quote from: Sootikin on November 21, 2012, 02:24:04 PM ---
--- Quote from: Sharnita on November 20, 2012, 07:17:26 PM ---The leggings we wore in the late 80s were nowhere near as tight as the ones in the examples posted.  I think the new generation are signinficantly different from the stretch pants/stirrup pants that Tiffany fans wore.

--- End quote ---

Mine were skin tight and shiny, pretty much like sandy's black pants in the Grease Finale.

--- End quote ---

Royal blue lycra.  Seriously.   Fortunately, there are no photos, or they would qualify as blackmail material.  In my defense, I would like to say that I wore them to nightclubs, not school or work.

Iris:

--- Quote from: magicdomino on November 22, 2012, 04:49:46 PM ---
--- Quote from: Sharnita on November 20, 2012, 07:17:26 PM ---The leggings we wore in the late 80s were nowhere near as tight as the ones in the examples posted.  I think the new generation are signinficantly different from the stretch pants/stirrup pants that Tiffany fans wore.

--- End quote ---

Mine were skin tight and shiny, pretty much like sandy's black pants in the Grease Finale.

--- End quote ---

Royal blue lycra.  Seriously.   Fortunately, there are no photos, or they would qualify as blackmail material.  In my defense, I would like to say that I wore them to nightclubs, not school or work.

--- End quote ---

Things worn in nightclubs under the age of 25 don't count. Everyone knows that...Don't they?

squeakers:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Mine were fuzzy royal blue (stirrup pants, though).. worn with a white shirt with royal blue collar and sleeve cuffs that hung below my butt.  And a belt that did that 45 degree hang (instead of falling down, hung at at angle.)

I loved the finale of Grease: compromise extraordinaire. He did something out of his element for her (lettering in track) and she did too (changed her image from priss to greaser). (Her change meant she accepted what he was.. his was trying to be like what she was.)

blarg314:

--- Quote from: Iris on November 22, 2012, 11:57:37 PM ---
Things worn in nightclubs under the age of 25 don't count. Everyone knows that...Don't they?

--- End quote ---

Pictures of things worn in nightclubs when I was 25 are relegated to blurry, badly exposed, film photographs, to occasionally appear to the chagrin of the person wearing it, and intense amusement of their younger relations.

Pictures of things worn by 25 year olds in nightclubs now are put on line, tagged with your real name, and archived by Facebook, and will be accessible in perpetuity via a simple web search by potential employers, blind dates, voters, and mothers in law.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version